Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-09-2011, 08:36 PM   #1 
Punki

Dengue Fever

I was just alerted that they will spraying my area for mosquito's because theres been a confirmed case of Dengue fever and i was told to empty all buckets holding rainwater, even empty outdoor plants in buckets, anything that mosquito's could lay their eggs in since they spread it. Apparently theres no cure for this illness and were supposed to stay indoors, i live in a HIGHLY populated mosquito area (canal all around) so not only am i losing my yummy foods for my fish, but i have a 3 year old daughter that is now supposed to stay inside =/ If anyone lives in FL keep an eye out for any alerts for your area. Im gonig to go gather a bunch of dried oak leaves and bring them in till this passes so i at least have something.
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:46 AM   #2 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punki View Post
I was just alerted that they will spraying my area for mosquito's because theres been a confirmed case of Dengue fever and i was told to empty all buckets holding rainwater, even empty outdoor plants in buckets, anything that mosquito's could lay their eggs in since they spread it. Apparently theres no cure for this illness and were supposed to stay indoors, i live in a HIGHLY populated mosquito area (canal all around) so not only am i losing my yummy foods for my fish, but i have a 3 year old daughter that is now supposed to stay inside =/ If anyone lives in FL keep an eye out for any alerts for your area. Im gonig to go gather a bunch of dried oak leaves and bring them in till this passes so i at least have something.
Whoa, Which area are you in? I haven't heard any notices here yet....
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:29 AM   #3 
Punki

Im in marion county.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:51 AM   #4 
fightergirl2710

Eep scary! We have a lot of malaria, dengue and chickungunya problems in India, there was a movement to put guppies in all small stagnant water bodies, apparently it works :/
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:07 PM   #5 
BetterBetta

I'm more southwest... maybe I'll be okay... o.o? This is still really scary, and oh no bout the mosquito larvae!
BetterBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:07 PM   #6 
Littlebittyfish

Volusia here...We have mosquitoes bad though...Can't even open the door without them flying in...
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:36 PM   #7 
Punki

Seems they are moving REALLY fast to spray my area so hopefully they will stop it. Only one confirmed case so far and i think the person came in from visiting another country with it, but if he was bitten then it will spread. Im just hoping the millions of mosquito bites i get all the time didnt have anything in them. Itd take a couple weeks to show symptoms i was told. Im heading into town now, i ive clearwrapped all my tanks airtight, ill let more oxygen in later tonight after the days over. I dont want to lose anything else. Dumping those mosquito larvae buckets and seeing all those wigglers on the ground was disappointing.