Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-10-2011, 03:26 PM   #21 
LittleBettas

Thats what I've been trying to do, the kitten is semi-feral though.... I have a contact with a feral rescue and Im hoping they will take him if my bf wont change his mind....
I am going up to the shelter Friday though... maybe then ;)

lol, agreed, if my bf wasnt here... ther would be no room for me :D (not that I wouldnt mind that)

Yeah, my little sister has a betta, Adam, she wants another but she can until she gets her apartment next semester.. then she will be JUST like me! lmao

He is, I keep going back and forth on if hes a boy or girl, his beard isnt as big as my other males, he has an egg dot, and his nest is small (more like a girl nest) but his fins are so long!
lol, the only fish (before bettas) thought was cute was my parrot cichlid Dunkan (power outage after a hurrican for 6 days meant no filter of air, he passed away during that time), I LOVE parrot cichlids, had my apartment allowed tanks bigger than 10 gallons I would have another one of them (though Imglad they dont since I now have Bettas!)
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:43 PM   #22 
Sarahlydear

Oh the poor baby. :( I thought I noticed something different about him.
My Nana has a semi feral cat and she is so much fun! Her name is Kiki and she hides if new people are around but we stayed with Nana for a week and she warmed up enough to play with us at a distance, but she never really wanted to get close. :/ Oh well.
But man is she attached to my Nana, and Nana says she's the best pet she's ever owned (it's funny because we just kinda showed up at the house with her and Nana wasn't to pleased but was willing to take her in).

My parents got lucky and I'm the only one that inherited the gene so my little bro doesn't want anything more than one or two dogs..I already have 3 chinchillas and 3 bettas lol.
My poor step dad, he is a farm boy and was a firm believer in all animals outside, then only dogs should be inside and No we are NOT bringing a rodent in...well Dave...;)
But good for your sister! I can imagine all the bettas you two will save. ;) Hopefully she finds someone to help limit her too though lol.

Hmm I'm still pretty new to the betta world so I can't help you, but that would be frustrating not knowing lol sorry. ;P

That would be good if the feral shelter could take him in, we only have one shelter around here and so animals like that are usually stuck there until they die. :( It makes me soo sad.
Sarahlydear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:56 PM   #23 
LittleBettas

Yeah, we are already dealing with a semi-feral dog (punk), she is SO attached to us, and she has just begun to tolerate new people, we can now take her to petsmart and walk her around, as long as no one trys to pet her she is happy to walk around and follow some people (shes a stalker)

lol, my parents werent as lucky, my litle sister and I have been bringing home strays since we could walk

Eh, I've pretty much given up and decided for now Pickle wil be a boy till I can be 100% sure (Im planning a female soroity soon and I figured it would be better his way, lol)

The rescue spcalizes in feras, we have a really cool progrm here, people with lots of land will open their homes to "cat colonies", which is usualy 10-15 feral cats who have been fixed and vetted, the rescue provides vet care, the owners feed the cats and provide shelter (usually a barn) and in return no rodents and they get to save lives.

For feral kittens they usually try to socalize them ad rehome them.

One of the shelters I volunteer at is like that 72 hours and then they die, the shelter is closed on weekends and it is only because of volunteers maintaining the Facebook page fr the shelter that the fact that te animals are even in there get noticed
Old 08-10-2011, 04:08 PM   #24 
hmckin20

awww! i think your story could have made me cried. xD he's a cutie, i'm glad you rescued him. i hope he gets better (:
hmckin20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:45 PM   #25 
Myates

I swear I saw one just like that in the Walmart here where I'm at (Also in Missouri) last weekend when shopping for daughter's school supplies too lol.. It was between two similar to that and a red CT.. I chose the red CT because I've been looking for a nice CT for a while.. but I was sad to leave them.. I wanted to take them all :(
Hope he gets better, he's a sweetie!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:08 PM   #26 
Sarahlydear

LittleBettas: Dude that program sounds awesome!!! Hmm maybe some day...
Good for Punk :) I love it when animals are able to advance and come out and "socialize" like that. We have two rescue dogs and just looking at them when it's cold or raining outside makes me sooo happy! Of course that's no where near seeing a semi feral dog being able to walk around PetSmart. :D

Oooohhh sorority; fun. :) I want to start one and I tell myself after all the males die but at the rate I'm going that's never going to happen. :P How big and how many females? I agree it's better to be safe rather than sorry.

Yeah I don't think I could volunteer at a rescue like that, every 72hrs I'd have a new pet regardless of what the bf said....but it's awesome that you can and are willing to help, those pets need it the most.

hmckin20: Thanks, I hope so too. So far his attitude hasn't improved any but I'm not going to give up hope. Today I tried to play with him and a button and I think I scared him. :P

Myates: I know what you mean! I felt bad for putting the red CT down but I figured with how pretty he is someone will grab him, and if not then I'm going back Friday lol.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:13 PM   #27 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
I swear I saw one just like that in the Walmart here where I'm at (Also in Missouri) last weekend when shopping for daughter's school supplies too lol.. It was between two similar to that and a red CT.. I chose the red CT because I've been looking for a nice CT for a while.. but I was sad to leave them.. I wanted to take them all :(
Hope he gets better, he's a sweetie!

I've never seen fin rot this bad, and never have a seen a fish so wiling to fight to live, this little guy stole my heart when I picked up his cup and he started flipping round and flarring at me!
I had actually gone to get a BEAUTIFUL lime green betta I had seen the week before, he was still there, a little paler but otherwisehealthy... I had to choose between the two and ended up chosing Finn (and I dont regret it!)
Old 08-10-2011, 08:24 PM   #28 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahlydear View Post
LittleBettas: Dude that program sounds awesome!!! Hmm maybe some day...
Good for Punk :) I love it when animals are able to advance and come out and "socialize" like that. We have two rescue dogs and just looking at them when it's cold or raining outside makes me sooo happy! Of course that's no where near seeing a semi feral dog being able to walk around PetSmart. :D

Oooohhh sorority; fun. :) I want to start one and I tell myself after all the males die but at the rate I'm going that's never going to happen. :P How big and how many females? I agree it's better to be safe rather than sorry.

Yeah I don't think I could volunteer at a rescue like that, every 72hrs I'd have a new pet regardless of what the bf said....but it's awesome that you can and are willing to help, those pets need it the most.
It is a cool program, and yeah, a few peope met her shorty after first found her and they are AMAZED at her improvemnts, shes gone from a dog that pushed herself against a wall and layed down refusing to mive or acknoledge anyone, who if I trid taking outside would freak out and do alligator rolls to a dog who runs around petsmart following people so se can get a sniff, still a ways to go, she is REALLY nervous around food and even the smallest noise will send her cowering, but a least now she is interested in new people. And when its just me and m BF, her personality is amazing, she sounds like a monkey when she wants to play, my little siter made her a cardboard house which we keep behind the couch, when she gets scared she hides in there (theres a cute little window so she can keep an eye on everything) she usually hangs out with my pitbull (as in follows her everywhere, sleeps almost on top of her and takes her toys) but she will randomly come running up to me or my BF, jump up, slap us in the face, then run away (wierd dog)
lol
Im planing a 10 gallon sorority, largest size tank I can have in the apartment, I have a 20 long and a 30 gallon that I cant even use :(
probabl 5 females, Im having a hard time with it though since everytime I get a female (besides my origianal female) they turn out being males or are to sick to save. (that and females are rare around here and I always choose a sick male over a healthy female)
I need 2 more females to start my sorority :D
(2 of my newbies are hopefully going to be girls)

I've volunteered for shelters since freshman year of highschool. as much as it kills me half the stuff that happens there, I love it, I love being able to give them at least a couple minutes of pure happiness. I did used to foster, but my last real foster I had for 5 months and it KILLED me to have to give her up
Old 08-10-2011, 09:46 PM   #29 
Sarahlydear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettas View Post
It is a cool program, and yeah, a few peope met her shorty after first found her and they are AMAZED at her improvemnts, shes gone from a dog that pushed herself against a wall and layed down refusing to mive or acknoledge anyone, who if I trid taking outside would freak out and do alligator rolls to a dog who runs around petsmart following people so se can get a sniff, still a ways to go, she is REALLY nervous around food and even the smallest noise will send her cowering, but a least now she is interested in new people. And when its just me and m BF, her personality is amazing, she sounds like a monkey when she wants to play, my little siter made her a cardboard house which we keep behind the couch, when she gets scared she hides in there (theres a cute little window so she can keep an eye on everything) she usually hangs out with my pitbull (as in follows her everywhere, sleeps almost on top of her and takes her toys) but she will randomly come running up to me or my BF, jump up, slap us in the face, then run away (weird dog)
Awsome! She sounds great. :) What does she looks like?

Quote:
Im planing a 10 gallon sorority, largest size tank I can have in the apartment, I have a 20 long and a 30 gallon that I cant even use :(
probabl 5 females, Im having a hard time with it though since everytime I get a female (besides my origianal female) they turn out being males or are to sick to save. (that and females are rare around here and I always choose a sick male over a healthy female)
I need 2 more females to start my sorority :D
(2 of my newbies are hopefully going to be girls)
Sounds good, if I do have one that will probably be the size of it.
Really? Females are plentiful at the Petco but not the Wal-Mart..
Hopefully they are!! Yeah I decided I wanted to have a female and I don't want to say I got lucky but they had a lovely little girl that was a huge tail biter so I go to rescue and get a lady.

Quote:
I volunteered for shelters since freshman year of highschool. as much as it kills me half the stuff that happens there, I love it, I love being able to give them at least a couple minutes of pure happiness. I did used to foster, but my last real foster I had for 5 months and it KILLED me to have to give her up
I like to volunteer but I don't think I could do it for a kill shelter. Wow. That would be horrid! How did you give her up?!
Old 08-10-2011, 10:03 PM   #30 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Awsome! She sounds great. :) What does she looks like?
She is awesome :D

This is her at the ceach shorty after I found her.... she was watching us dig for shells and decided to join in, shes a small dog, about 25 pounds

Quote:
Sounds good, if I do have one that will probably be the size of it.
Really? Females are plentiful at the Petco but not the Wal-Mart..
Hopefully they are!! Yeah I decided I wanted to have a female and I don't want to say I got lucky but they had a lovely little girl that was a huge tail biter so I go to rescue and get a lady.
Yeah,all I have in the area is Walmart,the closest petstore is petsmart and thats an hour away, and I havent seen females there in a while
LUCKY, I wish we had more females here

Quote:
I like to volunteer but I don't think I could do it for a kill shelter. Wow. That would be horrid! How did you give her up?!
the kill shelter was the closest one before I got my license, I volunteer at a couple more shelters now alon with this one.
She got adopted, I wanted to adopt her but at the time I was unable to