Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-10-2011, 10:23 PM   #31 
Sarahlydear

Oh she's adorable!!! Lol look at that face. :)

That would suck. :( Wal-Mart is lame....Ours is 45minutes-1hr away but mom goes to college on one of the towns so she goes up there every Monday, lucky me ;) But I hope your WalMart randomly gets a decent stock of females so you have plenty of selection and who knows maybe they'll surprise you.

Yeah I can understand that. Oh! I didn't mean that you just gave her away. I wouldn't of been able to, I would of lied and said she had worms or something...That is something I'm debating about: fostering. It'll help pets but I don't know if I could give them up...eh I still have a year or two before I get my own place and then two more years before I'm out of college so I have time to debate. :P

Off subject but I noticed you have moss balls? How big? I had one that I broke into almost 10 pieces ( I was going to make it less but they kept coming off!) and they are about an inch now. They're so much fun aren't they! I can't wait until mine get bigger.:)
Sarahlydear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:40 PM   #32 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahlydear View Post
Oh she's adorable!!! Lol look at that face. :)
I now :D <3 I was SO happy when she let me grab her (she came running up to meet my idiot of a pitbull, saw me and layed down and froze, stiff as a board)

Quote:
That would suck. :( Wal-Mart is lame....Ours is 45minutes-1hr away but mom goes to college on one of the towns so she goes up there every Monday, lucky me ;) But I hope your WalMart randomly gets a decent stock of females so you have plenty of selection and who knows maybe they'll surprise you.
Me to, that would be AWESOME! though more than likely they will have a bunch of healthy girls and that one sick male :/

[quote=Sarahlydear;777233]Yeah I can understand that. Oh! I didn't mean that you just gave her away. I wouldn't of been able to, I would of lied and said she had worms or something...That is something I'm debating about: fostering. It'll help pets but I don't know if I could give them up...eh I still have a year or two before I get my own place and then two more years before I'm out of college so I have time to debate. :P [/qote]

Yeah, she had worms when I got her, I had already dewormed her, I go her whn she was 4 weeks old, she was the runt of the litter. Fostering is a really big decision, its tough, and a lot of times people end up adopting their fosters (we adopted three of our fosters) My little sister is getting ready to get an apartment, shes been considering fostering,but a lot of times a foster can last a year or longer, I think my sis is going to just end up adopting a dog from the kill list

Quote:
Off subject but I noticed you have moss balls? How big? I had one that I broke into almost 10 pieces ( I was going to make it less but they kept coming off!) and they are about an inch now. They're so much fun aren't they! I can't wait until mine get bigger.:)
I think mine are like 3 inches from side to side, but I havent actually tried to measure them I just divided one of my moss balls, Fluffy, into 5 parts, did you tie the pieces into ball form? if not I have heard theywill attach theirselves to items in the tank. and they are fun (there is actually a thread called marimo moss ball care, in it we are discussing the posiility that these odd things are planning world domination)
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:56 PM   #33 
Sarahlydear

I am too! She seems like she's living the good life now!! :)

Of course, they can't make it easy. :P

Well I hope she went to a good home (I'm sure she did). Anything to do with getting animals can be a big decision as far as I'm concerned; but they're the best decisions I make. :) That's probably what I'll end up doing (adopting) for a few years after college, but who knows. I already end up passing animals from bad owners to better ones and that's not much different.

Hmm no I haven't I just threw them back in the tank, many are growing into ball shape though and haven't stuck to anything. I've seen that forum but I'm to lazy to read all the posts and I have limited time. :P I can believe it though!
Old 08-11-2011, 04:43 PM   #34 
LittleBettas

Quote:
I am too! She seems like she's living the good life now!! :)

Of course, they can't make it easy. :P

Well I hope she went to a good home (I'm sure she did). Anything to do with getting animals can be a big decision as far as I'm concerned; but they're the best decisions I make. :) That's probably what I'll end up doing (adopting) for a few years after college, but who knows. I already end up passing animals from bad owners to better ones and that's not much different.

Hmm no I haven't I just threw them back in the tank, many are growing into ball shape though and haven't stuck to anything. I've seen that forum but I'm to lazy to read all the posts and I have limited time. :P I can believe it though!
She did, cute family, wife. husband, son, daugher, white fence yard :) and now a litte dog
Thats my same plan, after college Im planning to get more into rescue, foster and adopting nother dog once I have a backyard :)

Ooooo, lucky, I just cut up Fluffy yesterday, the little ones seem to be doing good though Im experimenting, I have one in a 5 gallon tank, another in a 2.5 gallon with a light above 24-7, and two in a cup on the window... Im waiting to see if one grows better thanthe other
Old 08-11-2011, 07:50 PM   #35 
Sarahlydear

Lucky girl. :)

Ahh sooo many plans for after college lol.

I found the ones in room temp water and in front of my window are growing the best. Strangely the ones in 78F temp and in the same window aren't growing as fast.

But I may ask you later on which one is growing best.

Last edited by Sarahlydear; 08-11-2011 at 07:53 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:12 PM   #36 
LittleBettas

Im seeing about the same results, the ones in my 78 degree (5 gallon tank) isnt growing as well as the one (also 78) with 100% light (fake) and the ones who are by the window
Old 08-12-2011, 08:45 AM   #37 
Sarahlydear

Of course, you want ot baby them and get them all set up and they prefer a jar on the window.:P

He finally ate today!!!! It was just one pellet but still! After 6days he stopped worrying Mom and ate. :D I figured out he will only eat if it is in the water; he won't eat it off the surface and when it hits the bottom he won't touch it. Picky picky. ;) But I can adjust to that.
PS: I've named him Ralph.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #38 
LittleBettas

AW!!!
Congrats!!!!
Im glad to hear hes eating!!!
(and I love the name!)