Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-09-2011, 09:35 PM   #11 
Myates

Looks like a betta cube they sell in walmart for $10-12. It's .3/.7g. For $10 you can get a 1 gal with filter and light :)

Would use the half rounded marbles they have there and in crafting stores for the bottom.. easy/quick to clean and no sharp edges for their fins to drag across. A small cave and a small plant or two.. hard to tell since unsure just how big your tank is.
But yeah, if somehow you can get a small cave in there, I'm sure he'll love it.. Xander loves to go in his cave and just sit there with his head poking out watching his neighbor hehe.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:39 PM   #12 
Myates

Oh, another general rule of thumb when it comes to fish.. for every inch of fish, needs one gallon.. technically a one gallon can be a suitable home for a betta with proper temp and water changes.. a lil bigger is always better :) Plus! You can have more/better decor!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:48 AM   #13 
EverythingNice55

Thanks everyone, but another reason is that I don't have enough room in my house for a tank... :( I think what I have is big enough for a little guy like Mr. Jingles. He's OK! I bought that Betta Kit for $25 at a little fish shop. :) I like it. You can hang it up on the wall, it comes with a great background, it came with some rocks and pebbles, it's so easy to clean and my betta loves his home! :) I don't really think he needs a tank.
EverythingNice55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #14 
Myates

Just remember, daily water changes on something that small.
:)
Old 08-11-2011, 10:21 AM   #15 
EverythingNice55

Yup, I know! Thanks for the reminder!
EverythingNice55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decorations