Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-11-2011, 09:46 PM   #1 
Dozzem

Question New Betta, Need a tad of help!

I just came back from a bike ride with a fish!

Story: Today I went to go get my books for high school (EEEEEEE [Yes I am a freshmen!]) When I got home I poked my fish, Ula. Who likes to bite his tail D: I gave him a water changed and rembered that its thurseday! Every thursday a outside market is on the street! I got on my bike and took off. Each time I go (I BUY ROCKS :DDD) I pass by a crazy man who sells bambo and bettas. ALL of the bettas I believe are boy VTs. He has like 20 of them in TINY cups that aren't even filled with water all the way! THEY ARE SO DIRTY! I asked him how many times he changes the water and he said ONLY ONCE A WEEK!!!! Those poor guys... I told him that isn't right, I change mine dalie for my 2 gallon tank! He said no, only once a week. I wanted to eat his face... I looked at them to see if there are any sick ones I should save. None were sick that I could see but none were healthy of flaring. I looked at this pretty white one with pink on the ege of its fins. He acted a lot like Ula so I put him down. I picked up this multi color little guy. I feel in love.~ <3 Then I asked the crazy man what water he has it in. He said drinking water! I was done with wanting to eat his face... I WANTED TO BITE HIS HEAD OFF! I said that isn't right but he ignored me. So I bought the little guy and ran to find some warm bottled water. Then I ran to the bath room to dump the water out of my thick water bottle ( I was drinking tap). I put the new water in there. His water was SO dirty... I put him in my hand and he jumped! I grabbed him by the tail (sorry little fish) and I got him on there! I biked as fast and smothly home, stopping once a while to get him fresh air. When I got hom I quickly got him in to a 3 gallon tank filled with conditioned water, marbles, and a egg cave. Ula is flaring and freking out.

Qs: His bottem fin has an odd red spot, is that blood? What is he, is it a he? Should I put some AQ salt in there??

Sorry I'm in a rush, bad spelling... and bad camera!
Attached Images

Dozzem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:07 PM   #2 
Dozzem

I forgot to say how he is doing...

He is not active. He is floating near the surface of the water in the corner after he got done checking everything out. He almost looks dead D: but I see him slowly breathing. When he was swimming he was swimming strait and good! His big fins look stiff, he isn't moving them when he swims.

He is NOT caring about my other betta trying to kill him tho the glass.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:22 PM   #3 
SassyBetta

hes probably really stressed from that man and the mostlikely very pumpy ride home on the bike. lowering the lights might help so hes not so shocked and freaked out, but i dont know enough to tell you to not add or to add the AQ salt, some of the more experienced guys should answer and help ya out.
SassyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:46 PM   #4 
Dozzem

Thanks Sassy Betta, I will make it darker :D
Old 08-11-2011, 10:53 PM   #5 
LittleBettas

The red may just be his coloring, Pickle has started to develope blue spots on his red fins (he has a forest green body)
Like Sassy said, but you may want to wrap a towel around his tank, this wilk keep him from seeing some of the bustle from around his tank
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:53 PM   #6 
Dozzem

@ LittleBettas: I got a pillow case over his tank now. Ula is all confuzed and keeps looking for him on that side of the tank lol

Oh dear, it looks like his chin is a little 'fuzzy'. Just a little. I AM SO GOING TO EAT CRAZY MAN'S FACE OFF THE NEXT TIME I CAN!!! but... I don't want to be rude >:P

Last edited by Dozzem; 08-11-2011 at 10:56 PM. Reason: derped
Old 08-11-2011, 11:02 PM   #7 
SassyBetta

i hope everything works out with your new baby . just keeping him warm save and a li dark for now should help , my boy was crazy stressed and the dark and a lil warmth helped him out , thankfully he wasnt sick , just stressed.
SassyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:24 AM   #8 
Dozzem

Me too SassyBetta! Thanks, btw I love the name Obsidan :D
Old 08-12-2011, 12:26 AM   #9 
PewPewPew

Fuzzy like this?
http://www.flippersandfins.net/Images/Flex2.jpg

http://www.fishy.ru/var/images/dis_big/44.jpg (top left)

? This is called columnaris/flexibacter.

Keep him is a quiet, dark place like said... If he's got fuzzies, I would put him into QT and dose 1tsp/gallon of AQ salt.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:32 AM   #10 
Dozzem

Not really. You can bearly see it, just a little slim/fuzz. I looked closer and saw its almost all over! Near his mouth and on his tail. I get the AQ salt in there soon! Anything else I can do? He is not active or eating (Idk how much the crazy man I got him from feed him, if at all). I only had him a few houres

Tags
help betta fish