Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-12-2011, 10:51 AM   #21 
MomokoCove

I do listen.This is the first time I've honestly thought what others were saying to me is ridiculous.Besides I don't have any bettas with goldfish now and don't plan on putting them in the same tank again.
MomokoCove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:56 AM   #22 
youlovegnats

I'm done reasoning. Your logic is not only irrational, it's down right stubborn. This is how people end up with dead fish and wonder what the problem was.
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:57 AM   #23 
MomokoCove

How is my logic irrational if 1; I'm not getting rid of the fish and 2; I am not putting bettas with goldfish anymore?
MomokoCove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:18 AM   #24 
bearwithfish

hold up.......

i want to touch on a thing or two here....

1st tone an afliction are not transmitted well via text so when writting a reply write what you intend and be clear some of the above posts were misinterpreted due to meanings of words nothing more...

next and i know a few of you have seem me say this before...
OFFER advice and if its headed great if not stop replying.. this is not some of the other forums where flaming is permitted and point blank it will not be delt with here... we consider it the same as trolling and treat it as such....

now to the OP if a member offers advice you are unclear about feel free to ask for clarification this is the point of a forum to learn from one an other.. as for responding in kind please refrain...

for anyone else .. if you are concerned with a response or find it offensive you have a few options
1)do not respond (best)
2)report it (good but really if you cannot ignore i hope its worth it)
3) continue to reply in ind and risk being removed ....

sorry to be so blunt but this area has gotten more than a little out of hand lately and to be honest this type of thing is for other sites.. if you want to flame and be rude go there we dont want it

Last edited by Romad; 08-12-2011 at 11:58 AM.
bearwithfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:24 AM   #25 
SinCrisis

1) momokocove has already stated that he will not be putting bettas with goldfish. He has clearly heard everyone's concerns about this.

2) @momoko, if you do not desire to keep your goldfish or know that you are unable to give it the proper care it needs, many LFS will take fish in and put them up for adoption. To know if you have the capabilities to keep your goldifsh in good health, you must first let us know how big the fish is right now, how big the tank it is in currently, and temperature management efforts you have tried.

Goldfish are not easy fish to care for as most people think, they produce excess waste and get very large. Lupin on this forum has very detailed information on how to properly care for goldfish. PM him if you have specific care questions. As for the information you have given us, Goldfish thrive in lower temperatures. If your tank is 80F unheated, then you should invest in a chiller if you expect and want to keep the goldfish long term. If you want to have a betta and not the goldfish, then you should call up your nearby LFS's and see if any will take your goldfish for adoption.

3) Bettas thrive in higher temps, 80F is ok for them. Goldfish are the opposite, they need lower temps. Goldfish are not tropical fish.
SinCrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:30 AM   #26 
dramaqueen
Banned

I agree with SinCrisis about contacting Lupin. He is very knowledgeable about goldfish and, I'm sure, would be glad to help.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:32 AM   #27 
1fish2fish

Whoa.. I missed a bunch of stuff.

First off I want to apologize if my wording offended the OP. I was on my phone at work and it's hard to get a post out without sounding blunt. I merely meant to say pretty much what SinCrisis just said. I definitely didn't mean to imply you were treating your fish poorly.

I also misinterpreted your original post as saying you had the bettas in with the goldies already... not that it was something you'd done in the past or were considering doing.

Anyways.. that's all I want to say.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:37 AM   #28 
youlovegnats

Oh- my bad as well.... I thought you still had your fish together. Sorry about that!
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:24 PM   #29 
Romad
TFK Moderator

I agree with Bear that sometimes we get passionate about the fish and try to drive the same point home in multiple posts. And to the OP, it feels like being attacked when it is not the intention at all.

If you give the best advice that you can and still get a negative response, move on and try to help someone else. That way, no one gets frustrated and feels like they're not being heard.

Asked
Answered
Carry On
Old 08-12-2011, 02:48 PM   #30 
cajunamy
Banned

I'm sorry - I didn't see where you had said you weren't going to house the goldie and betta together anymore, so that's why I asked about it.
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote