Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-12-2011, 03:58 PM   #31 
Eris Harmonia

Ginji: I named him after this character from Tales Of The Abyss because his color scheme is similar, they're both handsome young guys, and they're both totally clueless and total pushovers.
Eris Harmonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:36 PM   #32 
diablo13

Diablo: Solid red and likes to flare, so it's sorta self-explanitory :D

Liberty: got her on the 4th of July
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:24 PM   #33 
hedgehog

Horton got his name because all my betta names have had a literary theme and we got two green cories for his community tank named Thing 1 and Thing 2 so it seemed appropriate that the betta have a Dr. Seuss name. My mom wants to get a little tiny fish (I suggested a snail) and name it Who.
hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:08 PM   #34 
Loralyn94

So many interesting names and stories behind them, I love it!

Ryu (said like lyu or with the r as a soft rolling noise which i cant do) is my only boy and is named that because the night i got him i felt cliche and thought why not give him a asian name because thats were they were originally. So he got the japanese word for dragon. his snail friend is shark bait from finding nemo :)
Loralyn94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:27 PM   #35 
Arashi Takamine

Everyone's betta's got really interesting and unique names. They all seem to really fit too.

Akira - My first boy after I lost Kalona and Kaida. I had wanted to come up with a strong but intelligent name for him. His name literally means Intelligence in Japanese and he is named after the Hikaru No Go character Akira Touya. He's a smart fish always managing to get my attention first.

Kai - My mom and I debated for awhile in the car on the way home from Petsmart on what to name him. We tried Hikaru, Nami, pretty much every other name until she asked me what a good Ocean themed name would be. I came up with Kai and it stuck. He's my little wave and bubble nester.

RIP

Maka - Maka was a little WalMart rescue girl. She was my spunky little thing and reminded me a lot of the Soul Eater character of the same name so she became my little Maka also known as Maka the Baka.

Kalona - Due to his black tail looking like wings he was named after the dark angel of the House of Night.

Kaida - He looked like a tiny dragon so I named him Little Dragon...He and Kalona although they were with me for a very short time I still loved them.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:38 AM   #36 
hmckin20

(ALSO)

Hippie i named because he looks like he was a white betta dipped into tye-dye (:
hmckin20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:51 AM   #37 
Hallyx
Reference Team

In the midst of all this cleverness and creativity, I'm afraid my fish disappoint.

Of the two VTs I bought on a whim, one is called Alpha (the Betta), the other is Twofish because he is intensely dark blue. I got a delta butterfly later and called him Wedgewood because...well, if you saw him, you wouldn't be able to think of anything else.

Now, I'm having second thoughts about having named them. I didn't name my hawks and falcons nor my boa constrictor. They were wild animals and had their own names, I'm sure; they just never told them to me. The Betta kind of remind me of my birds, in a funny sort of way.

Oh yeah, my leaches are named Stretch and Archie. Only old movie fans will get that last one. Hehehe...

Last edited by Hallyx; 08-13-2011 at 04:53 AM. Reason: spelling
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:56 AM   #38 
Jrf456

Garland: He's red with little green specks on him, and lives in a Christmas themed home!
Heather: like the name.
Brent: Gone With The Wind character
Suellen: Gone With The Wind character
Melanie: Gone With The Wind character
Skyden: He's white with blue spots, and reminds me of the sky.
Aubin: A French name, for males, meaning white.
Jrf456 is offline   Reply With Quote