Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-13-2011, 04:07 AM   #21 
Thunderloon

I've got Goat, a nearly 2 year male, in a hex-5. Its very appropriately sized and if you keep the water high it gets some circulation.

I added a Fluval intake sponge (for the edge) on the intake and used black fluorite for substrate. There's a Wendti in the center and an assortment of Java fern and a small leave long stem in the back. I added a Coralife "pink" bulb for lighting. Its all very nice. One of the little geodesic rubber toys for him to show love with and he's been very happy in it.

When he really wants attention from his owner (my her) he goes and sits in the purple ball thing and watches her. Works every time.

The filter is impossible to hear now after four months running. So happy with the tank and the ease of use I'm likely to get more for the other boys. You can even use a small carbon bag and cut foam sponge up in the top instead of the filtration card. Aqua-tech still sells the hex-5 filter cartridges in 3pack boxes at Walmart.

Every maintenance day you should turn the bio-wheel over and then at least per 4 months clean out the impeller area. The whole filter lifts straight out the top.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote