Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-12-2011, 08:59 PM   #21 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by remiska28 View Post
:hugs: Congrats on staying sober so long! Tabletop rpg's are fun. Which one(s) were you involved in? I did D&D and Wheel of Time
i never got into those turn based games. i had a facination with the undeschipherable game of magic the galthering but i never played it. the only turn based games i got into were stargate wars mian server, quantum server and the chaos server. there was alien adoption game atleast 9 years ago.

the turn based games are viscious as hell. bank/log off go to sleep. wake up, login and bank the money if no one stole it. not to froget being stuck to the pc waiting for each new turn after 30 minutes. WOW is still quite vicious but you know that you'll still be status quo between logins.

when playing D&D did you ever come across ppl like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxF0vygnF2Y
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:23 PM   #22 
cjayBetta

LOVE Wow! Lol

People who get addicted to this game have addictive personality's naturally so imo, its better WoW then like drinking or drugs.

:D I play alliance currently I have a 63 Worgen warrior 41 Human Hunter and a 31 Night Elf druid. Ive been playing quite a while. I sold my first account to my friend when i had my daughter so I had to restart :P
cjayBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:42 PM   #23 
vaygirl

Oh dear! No I didn't play with people like that. They were all normal dudes dressed like normal people. They were really my husband's friends, childhood and work friends. We don't do very much combat now. I'm more of a thinker. They were the hack and slash crew. Best exaple I can give is when we came upon a door in a dungeon and they were all arguing over who was going to lock pick and I just tried the knob. It was open.

Nowadays he writes the stories and I make my way through them as best I can with as little fighting as possible. It helps that he's very good at creating them. He can also do voices that would make you think he was someone else. He's amazing. <3. He makes characters you end up caring about. Or at least I do. But I've been a reader my whole life. I love a good story and I've always gotten attached to characters. Stephen King would call me "constant reader".
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:37 PM   #24 
Silverfang

congrats Vaygirl. Wish I had the chance to play D&D the old fashioned way.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:50 PM   #25 
vaygirl

My secret is out! I'm an old lady!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:17 PM   #26 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post
Oh dear! No I didn't play with people like that. They were all normal dudes dressed like normal people. They were really my husband's friends, childhood and work friends. We don't do very much combat now. I'm more of a thinker. They were the hack and slash crew. Best exaple I can give is when we came upon a door in a dungeon and they were all arguing over who was going to lock pick and I just tried the knob. It was open.

Nowadays he writes the stories and I make my way through them as best I can with as little fighting as possible. It helps that he's very good at creating them. He can also do voices that would make you think he was someone else. He's amazing. <3. He makes characters you end up caring about. Or at least I do. But I've been a reader my whole life. I love a good story and I've always gotten attached to characters. Stephen King would call me "constant reader".
thats the thing i never got into DD. too many variables with stories and such to confuse me. i never did find such a group much less get interest to try it out.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:46 PM   #27 
dragonflie

I played wow since a month after the original game released, actually lol. My main server was Llane.

I just quit about a month and a half ago though; after so many years it got old and stale for me.
dragonflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:17 AM   #28 
remiska28

I started right after Lich King was released, but my fiance has been playing sine the game was in Beta testing. I'm bouncing between a private old world server and my main account on Wyrmrest Accord.
remiska28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:47 PM   #29 
Silverfang

If anything, Lich king was what killed wow for me. Was too dumbed down. (hard core raider in the day, sigh in the day, I sound so old, but you can't go wrong fighting Onyxia!).
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:35 PM   #30 
Myates

I think I've gone on maybe 3 or 4 times in the last month and a half. BF co-runs one of the top raiding guilds on the server, but we're both burned out of it. Instead of playing, we bought all the seasons of Buffy, Angel and Firefly and just spend the evenings watching together. Much more fun :D He gets on to set up the weekly raids and raids a few times a week, I go once or twice, except for last couple weeks when I just said no more.
It's just boring, same ole stuff really. Downed boss in Firelands, big whoop... /yawn. Going in week after week is just bleh, and lvling is becoming tedious as well.

Steamwheedle Cartel
Refuge lvl 25 guild
Main is a MM undead hunter
lvls 85 arms warrior, 84 tauren boomkin, 80 healadin, 70 something resto shammy, 40 or 50 something tanking pally, 50 something shadow priest/holy, have a mage and rogue in there

In fact, my sub is up this week (I pay monthly) and trying to talk my BF into letting me get another betta with the money instead :P (his only concern is running out of space and such with too many bettas /sad)
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote