Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-03-2011, 11:50 AM   #31 
flowerslegacy

Sakura, I'm rootin' for your girl! I have nothing to add to help you out, but it sure seems like an eggy issue. It's big and yellowish vs. thin and slimy like a parasite. But again, who am I to give YOU advice! Ha! I have two girls so I'm sure to experience all of these things you ladies are discussing. It's sure to help me in the future. Keep posting the progress!
flowerslegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:05 PM   #32 
MikiMaki

Yeah, I go to vet school year round. We get two weeks off a year in exchange for graduating a year early and change classes every 3 months, so this week is finals and then I pick up 4 more classes Monday.

So your girl may have something more going on. In the most recent pic she doesn't look so eggbound.Here's a pic of my girl when she was at her worst. Her belly is so round and looks just full, but she never had any swelling or swim issues.

She's probably expelled or absorbed most of them. Her poops don't look parasitic either. I keep thinking it's perhaps a bacterial problem. You might try just a very cautious introduction of bettafix and see if she shows any signs of change. At least if I were in your shoes that is what I would do.
MikiMaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:07 PM   #33 
bettaloverforever16

My betta died this morning, she has the same thing gonig on. I hope your's pulls through!!
bettaloverforever16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:01 PM   #34 
Sakura8

Bettalover, I'm so sorry to hear Gia died! *hugs*

MikiMaki, yay another vet student! What an interesting schedule your vet school keeps, sounds like the quarter system the University of California schools run on. Thank you for your help. Well, everyone, I am pleased to report that the poop-a-thon finally seems to have slowed down. It's no longer one continuous thread after another. She is unclamping and eagerly ate some bloodworms (turned up her nose at the healthier brine shrimp). I am keeping a very cautious eye on her, monitoring the poos she is passing. While there appears to be some eggy or parasitic matter, they're turning darker. I'm not 100% convinced she doesn't have parasites though so she has to stay in her little kritter keeper for at least a day or two more. Any more advice is welcomed.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:01 PM   #35 
flowerslegacy

bettaloverforever16 - I'm so sorry to hear about your betta. I haven't lost a betta, but I've lost other fish. It's never a happy day. :(
Old 08-14-2011, 01:29 PM   #36 
flowerslegacy

Sakura, How's your girl??
Old 08-15-2011, 02:00 AM   #37 
Sakura8

Hi flowerslegacy,

Well, it took an epic five days of almost non-stop pooing but she finally got rid of all the eggy matter and is back to normal. I've never seen such pooing in my life. She's even gone back into the sorority, yay! I really appreciate you thinking of her, thanks.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:10 AM   #38 
flowerslegacy

You're welcome! I'm sooo glad she's okay now. I was worried because we didn't hear back from you. It sure looked eggy from your pic, so I guess we can just go with that conclusion since she's all better now. Whew! Good news!