Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-15-2011, 08:20 PM   #11 
Panthera

Haha yeah my Green marble guy was bubblenesting the day I brought him home from petco. And Aztec the Rosetail is from a top breeder on aquabid, yet he doesnt seem to want to build a nest. Just goes to show ya how great fish from Petco can be lol.

I did show him the female tonight, so maybe that will get him in the mood. Who knows, guess we'll see tomorrow! :D
Panthera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:54 PM   #12 
cajunamy
Banned

I realize rosetails are deformities, but I can't help but love them... :) I also want a 'big ear' as a pet, not to breed.
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:20 AM   #13 
noda

that is a really nice pair of yours, hope i can find something like in our country ^^ or can you just send me a pair ^^
noda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:31 PM   #14 
Panthera

Thanks!

Just put the female in the tank inside a cup. Aztec is flaring quite a lot, but he's also lunging at the cup and nipping at it, so I don't think thats a good sign....

Hopefully she'll get him in the mood to start a bubblenest! I put some of Caesar's massive one in there under a cup, so that might give him an idea of what to do. Hope I have some updates later today! :D
Old 08-16-2011, 01:34 PM   #15 
cajunamy
Banned

actually you want him flaring at her and trying to get to her. you want to see her swimming in a s type pattern, with vertical bars (or not) but definitely in a head down position
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:42 AM   #16 
Panthera

Aztec and Dysis just had their first awkward non-successful embrace! :D Now he's adding onto the nest and she's waiting like a good girl with fins clamped in the corner, for her man to come and get her.

Shouldn't be too long now! Stay tuned!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:23 AM   #17 
Panthera

Well they've been embracing for the past hour, and slowly but surely they're starting to get it. But idk if its the male or female, but its like she slips out right before the embrace is over, and then they both just kinda separate and float down to the bottom together. No eggs yet either =/

Hopefully they get it soon! Her stomach looks like its about to burst!
Old 08-17-2011, 01:12 PM   #18 
Creat

It took my pair recently over an hour of embracing to learn how to squeeze eggs out :) I have faith in your pair!
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:23 PM   #19 
Panthera

The pair is done! About 50-75 eggs in the nest I would guess, maybe less, maybe more. Female slipped away and hid under a leaf, so I took that as the cue to get her out of there. My other pair is done too and has about the same amount of eggs :D

Here are some pics!

Daddy lookin at the eggs in the nest :D He did such a good job, he picked them all up himself! Can't wait to see if they hatch. Also I had a question. Both the eggs from this pair and my Greens are kinda yellow. Is that normal? My last spawn was mostly milky-white. Thanks!
Old 08-17-2011, 01:34 PM   #20 
Creat

My eggs very in color but I am not sure if its normal thats a good question.
And Yay! I am excited to hear more about the babies as they age!
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote