Betta Fish Forum banner

This guy was left in my mailbox! Pic heavy!

3K views 26 replies 19 participants last post by  GreenTea 
#1 ·
I put flyers up in petstores and the like that I can take in bettas and rehome them, and this guy was left with me today. Is he a koi colored guy? He looks like a delta or a hm, he's very small! He doesn't appear to be sick, just a little skinny. I can fix that right up! :lol:

At first he looked just white and black, but light revealed an insane electric blue in his fins, and a cute red dot on his head. He also has some irregularities in the shape of his back fin. He is so beautiful, I don't understand how anyone could not want him.

What do you guys think of him? It looks like his color has changed a bit already.

This is him when I found him this afternoon... :-(

And this is him now, much more active in his new home :lol:

See less See more
#2 ·
He's so pretty!!! He looks like a Delta tail since his tail isnt 180 degrees. I love his coloring too! Im looking for a Koi colored Betta, or an orange one :)

#4 ·
He's soo pretty! And thats such a neat idea about the fliers, I might do that:D

#6 ·
:O that is all

#8 ·
Ha ha I should start doing that putting flyers up so betta dont get flushed... which I have actually heard of. And he is adorable :)

#10 ·
If I lived on my own, I would so do flyers! Poor bettas... people just don't understand

#16 ·
Hey wow guys, big response on the fliers! Here's what I did:

My fliers give my address - I live in a giant old house that has been divided up - they don't know my unit and we have a mailbox outside so I feel safe. *** I WOULD NOT say this is safe, unless you feel very comfortable in your community you don't want to leave your address out and about. *** I don't leave my phone number for exactly this reason, southern WA has been devastated by meth and heroin and there are lots of dangerous folks. A way to do it if you don't want to list phone or email is to create an email account specifically for this and tell them to message you there. Unfortunately that might be too much work for some people, I think a good thing about mine is that they can do the "emergency room" drop off and leave the sick without accountability, which is fine with me.

The fliers are light blue or light green, have a photo of a veiltail and a female ct on them and say that I can take in bettas who are sick or needing a home, that I will take good care of them and rehome them if possible. I don't charge anything but would appreciate small donations for covering the costs of caring for their betta.

@ everyone concerned about his red dot, I am too! Before I put him in his new home I added some aq salt to keep things sanitary. The red spot isn't depressed, bleeding, or scabbing, I think it might be his coloring. I'll definitely keep an eye on it!

All of my bettas and my adoptable bettas are up in albums on my profile now if anyone is interested in adopting or just looking. Side note: Comments on my photography would be appreciated. I'm trying to get as good as CopperArabian ;]

Thank you for all of your sweet comments, I'm hoping this guy makes it. He seems generally ok, he was tipping a little last night. I'll keep posting photos!

#17 ·
Oh also, there's actually a petco by me that is amazing, it's where I found my giant betta, and they take great care and put up my flier, but other corporate stores don't, so I just put my flier on a telephone pole outside or something so people still see it! Free speech and healthy animals baby!

#19 ·
Thanks Creat! I didn't realizing it would be so inspiring to other people here! Imagine the difference if we all did it. We can't control corperations (besides not supporting them *cough cough walmart cough cough*) but we can maybe make a small difference ourselves. This is my second mailbox drop! I check the mail in the morning and at night in case anyone drops anything, my neighbors probably think I'm paranoid.

PS - I love your avatar!

Roarsirroar - We all make mistakes, I had a betta in a tiny bowl for many years (somehow he lived) in a room near the ocean in Seattle! Feel bad now, but it helps knowing that you're doing what's right now and caring for them properly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.