Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-18-2011, 11:24 AM   #21 
CoverMeInClay

bahamut, I don't think it's so much the argument of if people can say they rescued, saved, adopted, bought a betta that was in a bad situation. I think the topic springs more from the fact that there are some members that when it's posted that someone "rescued" their betta, will go into the thread and say 'if you paid for him/her, it's not a rescue'. If this is said, in particular to a younger member, they may get their feelings hurt. It's more of an issue of being polite then it is which word is correct or not.
CoverMeInClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:04 PM   #22 
metalbetta

Honestly, if I see a betta that's in need, and I have the resources to care for it, I'm probably going to take it home. Whether I buy it, throw a hissy in order to get it for free, shove the cup in my purse, or otherwise. Different people have different opinions on the matter.
As deplorable as some stores can be, others in the same chain may not be as bad. Petco is always going to order bettas. It really doesn't matter if you buy one or not. And unless you say something, it probably won't change the conditions they're in. All I care about is the well being of the one in need. You can't save 'em all, but I'd prefer to change the life of one, rather than do nothing. Even if I have to buy it, and support a store who maybe has issues caring for one species of fish, but has so many other great things that they do for other animals.
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:13 AM   #23 
betta fish crazy

Sorry-I wasn't trying to be nitpicky or start an argument -I was just wondering if their was a terminology that was better accepted on this forum than "rescue".
betta fish crazy is offline   Reply With Quote