Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-21-2011, 04:00 PM   #1 
Kytkattin

Of Dragons and Kings! (very picture heavy!)

(Fyi, the title refers to their names, not their size or scale type!)

Meet my new fish, Kamehameha! I picked him up at Petco yesterday to succeed Monet. I told myself I would not pick a fish based only on color, but personality instead! Well it turns out he had both! After my boyfriend convinced me that a King betta would, in fact, NOT be a good idea for the 2.75 gallons of allotted living space that my divided tank allows, I was stuck between this guy and a female. I would have brought both home if I could! I decided that I did not want to deal with a female being egg bound so I went with Kamehameha instead. He is very chill with everything. Some of the other fish I picked up freaked out at being moved, and well, this tank will be moved fairly often. He was not lethargic either, he floated nicely and followed my finger along the cup edge.

So far him and Smaug have been flaring, Smaug more than Kamehameha, though it is really hard to see Kamehameha flare because his beard is clear. And the divider is holding! Woo!

I am expecting a ton of color change from him. He is about half the size of Smaug, so probably quite young. I have seen the dramatic changes that people have with their marbles. I was guessing he is a piebald marble, but he might go entirely piebald if he gets more color on his body. He is a delta tail, if you can't figure it out with the photos.

You can see his personality here, as he tries to move some moss around.

His color changes depending on which lights he is under. In this one he is under the magenta/white strip and looks blue.

Here he looks almost green! Under the blue/white strip.

More moss love.

He just loves his moss... (this is a video if you click on it!)

Smaug deserves a picture too! He looks very serpent-like in this picture.

I really love this picture of Smaug because the camera reflection actually looks like ripples on the glass.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:44 PM   #2 
TequilatheBetta

They are both stunning, grogeous fish. I love that picture of him picking up the moss, it's so cute!
Man, I wish I had a Petco :( I live in Canada so it's just Petsmart for me.
How big is their tank?
TequilatheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:49 PM   #3 
LittleBettas

Gorgeous!!!!
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:19 PM   #4 
Kytkattin

They are in a 5.5 gallon, though I normally just call it 5 gallons. I really need to get a new picture of the whole tank, and both of them near the divider so it shows size.
Most of the petcos I have been in have been better than the petsmarts as far as both betta care and variety. Though I have only seen dragon scales at petsmart.
I really am just so excited to see where Kamehameha's color goes! I dosed with vitamins this morning, though I need to get some frozen bloodworms for my dorm.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:35 PM   #5 
FireKidomaru

He's beautiful!! He seems like he has a great personality!! Good find :)
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:46 PM   #6 
TequilatheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytkattin View Post
They are in a 5.5 gallon, though I normally just call it 5 gallons. I really need to get a new picture of the whole tank, and both of them near the divider so it shows size.
Most of the petcos I have been in have been better than the petsmarts as far as both betta care and variety. Though I have only seen dragon scales at petsmart.
I really am just so excited to see where Kamehameha's color goes! I dosed with vitamins this morning, though I need to get some frozen bloodworms for my dorm.
I want a dragon so bad. I would do anything for my petsmart to stock them! LOL, they only have females, veiltails, and crowntails occasionally.
TequilatheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:42 PM   #7 
hodgepodgen

They're all so pretty <3
hodgepodgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:15 AM   #8 
STARLITE111

Smile I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgepodgen View Post
They're all so pretty <3
They're all so lovely

Last edited by STARLITE111; 08-22-2011 at 12:17 AM.
STARLITE111 is offline   Reply With Quote