Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-08-2011, 07:59 PM   #1 
cantoms

R.I.P. Crabby

I never really thought about having a pet, let alone a fish, but almost two years ago, someone brought in a betta fish to a bar I was at as a joke to one of the girls. Once the joke was over, they were about to flush it when I jumped in and said that I'd take it home instead.

Over time, I grew pretty fond of this fish and was the only one who I could come home to during some really tough times in my life. I always liked how he'd swim up and ask for food, flare his gills at me when I looked into his bowl, and blew a bubble after he'd eaten the food that I'd given him. Maybe I wasn't his best owner given that I kept him in a bowl, mostly since I couldn't afford anything more complex and didn't always change the water every week or two like I should have.

Anyway, yesterday I changed his water since it looked dirty. Once he got back in the water, he seemed pretty agitated and was breathing heavily like he had once before. I just thought that it was his reflection, since that got him going when he was in the smaller container, or that the temperature (78) was a bit off for him. I went to bed and then to work this morning. When I got home, he was gone, left in the bottom corner of his bowl.

I feel really badly about the way I sometimes treated him and will miss him. Sorry Crabby.....

Last edited by cantoms; 08-08-2011 at 08:11 PM.
cantoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:06 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry for your loss.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:47 PM   #3 
Romad
TFK Moderator

I'm sorry about Crabby. You gave him a much better life than the toilet he was almost doomed for two years ago.

RIP Crabby.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote