Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-23-2011, 03:36 AM   #21 
Sakura8

That's good, I'm glad the heater is working. And I'm sure Jake is really happy about the warmer water too.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:47 AM   #22 
Micho

So, I've decided to stay up another hour so I just dumped the teabag into the tank and now we wait, I was already soaking the teabag in a cup and decided to just put it into the tank after 10 minutes.
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:56 AM   #23 
Sakura8

That's good. Stir it around and you can probably remove it when you see the water starting to turn tea-colored. Sometimes it takes an hour but with a 2g tank, it might take only a half hour at most.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:06 AM   #24 
fightergirl2710

Hey Micho, your tank looks great! Love the Buddha :D And Jake looks like a snazzy guy! I'm sure he'll snap out of the "bad mood" soon. :) Glad to hear the heater worked out!
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:20 AM   #25 
Micho

I just removed the teabag from the tank, I guess the tea concentration wasn't that strong, the water only turned a slight bit murky with a shade of green, ah well.

Anyways wanna thank you guys for your help again. :> Off to bed for me now.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:22 AM   #26 
fightergirl2710

No problem Micho! G'night!
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:50 AM   #27 
Tikibirds

If the filter is too strong, you don't have to use it as long as you keep up with the water changes.

I had a non adjustable heater last winter and when it got really cold out (and I mean -60F outside and stayed there for days) it did not heat up the water much at all. It stayed at about 65F it was a 50 watt heater and it couldn't keep a 5 gallon tank warm . You may need to get a stronger heater depending on how cold your house gets in winter. Mine gets really cold due to massive draft from my window. I'm hoping since they replaced everyone else's window I'll get one before winter temps set in next month
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:53 PM   #28 
Micho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
If the filter is too strong, you don't have to use it as long as you keep up with the water changes.

I had a non adjustable heater last winter and when it got really cold out (and I mean -60F outside and stayed there for days) it did not heat up the water much at all. It stayed at about 65F it was a 50 watt heater and it couldn't keep a 5 gallon tank warm . You may need to get a stronger heater depending on how cold your house gets in winter. Mine gets really cold due to massive draft from my window. I'm hoping since they replaced everyone else's window I'll get one before winter temps set in next month
That's cold, it usually drops to -22F here -40 is the coldest we ever gotten, so I'll probably have to buy a stronger heater, seeing how this one works kinda weird-ish. And yeah, I'll just see if I can find a cloth to wrap around the filter so the current will be weaker, I actually like a filter so I don't have to do many water changes.

We'll see how it goes.

Also I think Jake build a bubble nest today not sure, there were a lot of bubbles outlining my tank today, maybe it could be just something else.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:04 PM   #29 
Neil D

Hey Micho, really beautiful betta! For water changes, I would recommend 1 100% change weekly with the filter, and If you remove the filter, do 1 50% and 1 100% change weekly. Looking forward to more pics!
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote