Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-23-2011, 01:49 AM   #9111 
Sakura8

Those are the teachers who make school worth going to.

Rant: My parents are redoing the kitchen and no one can agree on anything. Uh, folks, isn't past midnight a little late to be discussing things?

Last edited by Sakura8; 08-23-2011 at 02:06 AM.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:05 AM   #9112 
tsoto80

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrysCat View Post
I've never had a mean teacher, but I had a pretty mean sub in Orchestra in 7th grade. Here we are, kids with about a year and a half of experience under our belt:
Teacher: Do a double-octave D-Major scale!
Us: (in our heads) whaaaat???
Random chick: but we don't know what that is!
Teacher: You're learning!

Seriously, would it have been that big of a deal for her to play it for us or something? Or take 30 seconds to explain it?
Why dont you just shout out really loud, "I'm winning!" lol

Last edited by tsoto80; 08-23-2011 at 05:16 AM.
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:14 AM   #9113 
HatsuneMiku

rant: OMG why is it so bloody hot @_@ .. it's 3 am .. and it's like 85 ... *dies*
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:58 AM   #9114 
dramaqueen
Banned

I had my share of crappy teachers. My 5th grade teacher decides one day to dump out the contents of my desk right when the bell rang and says to me, now you clean it up. I had to pick up everything and put it back in my desk. I ended up missing my bus and another teacher who lived near me had to take me home. Of course, I got in trouble with my parents.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:00 AM   #9115 
Neil D

I had a 7th grade math teacher who YELLED at me for having a migraine headache. I was at the nurse, but I wasn't feeling better, so I went back to class, so I don't miss the HW. I was on the verge of crying, then the teacher called on me. I said the wrong answer and she was like, "that's no excuse not to pay attention, blah blah." This didn't happen once, it happened TWICE!! WTH?!

Not to mention a sub did that to me in the SAME FLIPPIN' CLASS! (although he did apologize once he figured out i had a migraine.)

*begins swearing at the memories*
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:01 AM   #9116 
TheCrysCat

Lol, that was years before the "winning" meme came out.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:44 AM   #9117 
Arashi Takamine

Hey guys you know how I went to the Mall of America a few weeks ago? Well I went to the Rain Forest Cafe to look around and saw the saddest and possibly the most disgusting thing their tank could have and it broke my heart.

One of their fish had severe pop eye and it looked like the eye had popped as it was all whited out and the poor thing was terrified and unable to school with the rest of the fish. I pointed it out to one of the employee's who was right next to me and told them I recognized it but god...I want to find a way to email the company and tell them how disgusted I was that it was imprinted in my mind for this long.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:07 AM   #9118 
Sakura8

DQ and Neil: Oh, the horrible memories of school are flooding back . . . junior high in particular. I was bullied in 7th so by the time I got to 8th grade I was a depressed wreck. I ended up missing several weeks of school. One day a classmate called me and said, "Our PE teacher said you're out because you're depressed and no one likes you, is that true?" I ended up being home taught for the rest of 8th grade. Gugh. I'm so glad I made it through school alive.

Arashi-chan, that just makes my heart break. :( The sad thing is usually in big restaurants like that, all fish tanks have their maintenance done by a company who comes by once a week to change the water or something like that. It could be totally different with the Rain Forest Cafe but still, if they ARE employing a tank maintenance company, they need to know the people aren't doing their job properly.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:13 AM   #9119 
diablo13

That's horrible, everything about other forums, school, and cafes. At the beginning of last year I got teased for being chubby.....but even that was pretty fun because I could threaten to sit on people :D
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:30 AM   #9120 
Sakura8

Diablo, we've been through this on the Self-Control thread. You're so not chubby. You're right on target for your height. And I admire you for seeing the bright side of the teasing.

BettasRule, that's incredibly rude of them to call your bettas generic. I hope all those moderators get algae in their tanks!

Tags
bettathanyou