Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-25-2007, 10:03 PM   #1 
MisticAllie314

betta moving in?

so i have 2 male bettas. (ash and vash...dont judge me I like anime) anyways... last winter I only had vash. But i got ash maybe 2-3 months ago. Last winter i moved vash from my bedroom (upstairs) to the down stairs dining room (the warmest part of the house at all times)

I thought abt putting vash in my community tank where its warmer but when i tested him he almost went after one of my female mollies!

But I tested Ash in the tank and he seemed fine... anti-social and observant as bettas are known for, no puffing, no stalking. And since I only have so much room on the middle my dining room table (so my huge german shephard cant knock the bowl over) I'm thinking I should put Ash in the tank because if he stays in my room the water will def get too cold at times.

Everyone says one betta per community tank is fine, but after the "vashinator" almost ate my molly im hesistant. Since Ash did fine in the tank when i tested him it should be fine to keep him there right? Maybe I should test it a couple more times? suggestions?

sry for the novel
Ashy

& Vashy
MisticAllie314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:58 PM   #2 
Lupin

Location: Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Information Super Highway
Welcome to Fishforum.com.

You don't have a heater in a tank where you said the water gets too cold? If you think the other fishes in your tank do not nip, I see no problem with your betta being placed there.
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:38 AM   #3 
MisticAllie314

no i dont have a heater i keep ash in a large brandy glass shaped vase and just do 50% water changes every 3-4 days.

the fish in my tank are very peaceful and ash seems to leave them be... I think I'm gonna let him stay the night in the tank and if all goes well i think all the tank mates should be happy along with ash.
MisticAllie314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 01:15 PM   #4 
nvmyluv420

you r doing everything idealy under the circumstances! ash seems to be smaller than vashy which leads me to believe hes younger... correct? the younger the betta the more passive they are which is probally why vash doesnt do well with the community. in my experience if a bettas going to do major damage its going to happen mostly at night so deffinetley leave him in a see how it goes. he wont kill anyone right away just watch for little nips on the other fishes fins. if you see major damage take him out but it should be just fine. i have a male and a female in my 55 gallon along with my mollies and nobody gets nipped, and my mollies still produce fry. tank size has a lot to do with it as well as hiding spots for him to be secure.
nvmyluv420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 01:21 PM   #5 
nvmyluv420

you r doing everything idealy under the circumstances! ash seems to be smaller than vashy which leads me to believe hes younger... correct? the younger the betta the more passive they are which is probally why vash doesnt do well with the community. in my experience if a bettas going to do major damage its going to happen mostly at night so deffinetley leave him in a see how it goes. he wont kill anyone right away just watch for little nips on the other fishes fins. if you see major damage take him out but it should be just fine. i have a male and a female in my 55 gallon along with my mollies and nobody gets nipped, and my mollies still produce fry. tank size has a lot to do with it as well as hiding spots for him to be secure.
nvmyluv420 is offline   Reply With Quote