Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-24-2011, 03:00 PM   #1 
Bettafishchucknorris123

Exclamation Millions of tiny parasites!! Help?

We have never noticed this before but I just noticed today! I think my betta is infected because there are SO many of these parasites! Chuck Norris is the love of my life, please tell me how to save him! How do I cure this? Does my local pet store have a cure?

I had a dead snail but i didn't know about so it stayed in the tank for 5 hours. could this be the problem??

Thank you.

They are on ALL sides of the aquarium and in the middle

I can't take a pic because my camera broke sorry. They are simply just white dots. My betta is active as usual. Not showing signs of pain or what so ever. I clean the water 50% once a week (No filter.)
The tank is 5 gallons. I had my betta for 5 months. He had swim bladder disease before. Cured with peas. Haven't had any issues other than that. We currently don't have a heater right now, but we are going to buy one very soon. The water temp is room temperature. No live plants. No tank mates. I feed him 2 times a day 1 pellet each time.

Last edited by Bettafishchucknorris123; 08-24-2011 at 03:15 PM. Reason: more info
Bettafishchucknorris123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:09 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum......sorry you are having problems...we need some more information.....

Can you post a pic, are the parasites on the fish or in the tank itself...can you describe them and how long have they been a problem, signs/symptoms the Betta is showing....lethargic, hiding, clamp fins, flashing...etc.....how long have you had the Betta and has he ever been sick and/or treated for anything in the past....

How big is the tank, how much and how often are the water changes, water temp, filter, live plants, additives used, tank mates, appetite-type/amount of food/feeding schedule......as much detail as possible....the more information we have the better.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, cure, emergency, parasites