Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-24-2011, 04:49 PM   #11 
vaygirl

Moved to the lounge with a redirect so people don't get confuzzled. :)

Sad fishies. :(
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:54 PM   #12 
Leeniex

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightergirl2710 View Post
Ok, as horrible as that is, there is no need to generalise by saying just because one guy does it, its not a trend X(
Its not like we love the idea, its stupid and obviously a cry for attention from a designer who couldn't think of anything better than shock value. And he is also pretty dumb for saying things like they don't need oxygen..
If you read the papers here, we're hating on him too. Saying that, these things happen everywhere, betta purses, those stupid peace lily contraptions, the keychains with goldfish in them.. Jewel encrusted beetles that are brooches for crying out loud.. I know this sounds ranty but I just want to point out that its not a localised thing. Human beings are cruel everywhere to other humans and to animals. So lets not generalise.

Very true.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:56 PM   #13 
Bettas Rule
Banned

PETA is a horrible organization in case some people don't know that, and humans eat meat it's natural and being a vegetarian is unnatural. I am not saying anything bad about vegetarians only stating that it's not healthy and your body will suffer in the long term...
It's really sad about the necklaces too, that's not the way any fish should be treated...
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:12 PM   #14 
TwilightNite

That is very heart breaking and not right. However, if we don't want it to happen then we should do something about it.
TwilightNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:16 PM   #15 
QueenBetta383

Originally I put it here because it did 'contain' a picture, so I wasn't quite sure, apologies on that.
At least maybe we can handle it in a more responsible way than having nude actors running across the streets for awareness...
QueenBetta383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:22 PM   #16 
harrypotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettas Rule View Post
humans eat meat it's natural and being a vegetarian is unnatural. I am not saying anything bad about vegetarians only stating that it's not healthy and your body will suffer in the long term...
i would perhaps reword that you don't offend people

Last edited by harrypotter; 08-24-2011 at 05:40 PM.
harrypotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:27 PM   #17 
QueenBetta383

Peta, in my view, knows what they want, for a good cause, it just seems like they don't know how to make people get the picture.
I'm not part of Peta, so i'm not quite sure exactly what they are thinking, but at least they, like us, are fighting for a cause.
QueenBetta383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:32 PM   #18 
LittleBettaFish

Peta wants to end all pet ownership. I think they got busted a while back putting down nearly 90% or so of dogs at their shelter, because it was better to be dead than to have an owner.

In my opinion they are a useless, money-sucking organisation, and very rightly so considered domestic terrorists. It's too bad most supporters don't realise what their real motives are.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:48 PM   #19 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypotter View Post
i would perhaps reword that you don't offend people
I posted that I was not saying anything bad about people who choose that lifestyle. I just said it's unnatural and therefore equals an unhealthy choice. Not to mentian all the recent studies proving it's unhealthy.

However I will clarify just in case.

I am not making judgments on people who don't eat meat. I am making a statement on vegetarianism in general. Like people can say that smoking is bad without insulting smokers.

Sorry if I sounded like I was as that was not my intention.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:56 PM   #20 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBetta383 View Post
Peta, in my view, knows what they want, for a good cause, it just seems like they don't know how to make people get the picture.
I'm not part of Peta, so i'm not quite sure exactly what they are thinking, but at least they, like us, are fighting for a cause.
Have you done any research on PETA?? I can't post any links here since it's against the rules but PETA is a well known for being a HORRIBLE organization that kills over 90 percent of the animals it takes in, while funding known terrorist organizations with the millions they get in donations that were originally given to save the animals they killed and left in dumpsters. Honestly if you don't already know I advise you do some reading up on PETA.

Oh and the link is over a year old BTW. Not to mentian that PETA would appose ANY of us even owning fish at all. PETA beleive that's ownership of animals is abuse. They call it speciesism, that humans believe we have the right to "own" animals means we think we are a higher species than the rest of the animals on the planet. They are extremists and are the enemy of anyone who wants to own a pet including fish.