Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-24-2011, 07:12 PM   #31 
harrypotter

People can have different opinions but when you're telling people they're refusing to see the truth, it doesn't seem like YOU have a lot of tolerance for other opinions than your own.
harrypotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:12 PM   #32 
dragonflie

Ok normally I wouldn't want to touch this topic now with a ten foot pole, but since you asked; I think it's because some of the posts are coming off as if you are saying everyone else is "just wrong," and not that you just have a different opinion, when in reality that is what it is; an opinion. Even the experts don't agree, and heck I don't even know who I think is right.
dragonflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:20 PM   #33 
vaygirl

Guys and gals, let's try and veer this thread back on topic! Thanks so much!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:21 PM   #34 
LittleBettaFish

Okay I'm backing away from this now as even if you state you are not, you are clearly looking down on vegetarians with statements such as 'unhealthy and unnatural'.

Your cited articles prove my point. These people are clearly ignorant, and not a good case study on why vegetarianism is bad. Anyone who expects a 6-week-old child to live on soy milk and apple juice has something wrong with their head and not their choice of diet.

And I'm sorry but ALL diseases are not linked to bad nutrition or stress. Things such as cancer are usually environmental, but genetics also play a big role. There are people out there who are fit, healthy and happy, and yet have been struck down by diseases such as cancer.

Making sweeping generalisations is a bit unfair.

It's like me saying all people who keep bettas in 1 gallon tanks are cruel. What if you own a 1 gallon tank but are conscientious enough to ensure your betta is provided with optimum care? Should you be considered cruel just because of other people's ignorance?

It's the same with being a vegetarian. Unless children dying from vegetarianism becomes worldwide breaking news, I'm not going to point a finger at them and tell them what they're doing is wrong because it is not something I agree with.

Sorry I posted this before I saw the new posts.

Last edited by LittleBettaFish; 08-24-2011 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Edited
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:33 PM   #35 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflie View Post
Ok normally I wouldn't want to touch this topic now with a ten foot pole, but since you asked; I think it's because some of the posts are coming off as if you are saying everyone else is "just wrong," and not that you just have a different opinion, when in reality that is what it is; an opinion. Even the experts don't agree, and heck I don't even know who I think is right.
You are right. I can see how my posts are considered opinion when we are not allowed to post links. If I was able to show the proof of what I am saying it wouldn't be opinion would it? Provable fact is not opinion. Since I have read the studies and seen the results of the negative impacts of vegetarianism I don't consider it an opinion of mine. I consider it fact. However since I am not able to post links to the proof that backs up what I am saying I will drop it, because you are right. Without the ability to back up my words I mind as well be some lying know it all with an attitude.

Once again I will apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings or made anyone feel as though I am passing judgment. My ONLY goal was to try to educate people on what I consider to be one of the biggest scams perpetrated on people in a long time. I honestly thought that people would do some research on what I had said and be happy to know about it. Guess I was wrong.

sorry posted this before I saw the mod post. Its dropped I promise :)
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:43 PM   #36 
Leeniex

You can find links also posting the benefits of vegetarianism too. Doesn't mean anything. There is "proof" of just about anything you can think of on the internet.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:56 PM   #37 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeniex View Post
You can find links also posting the benefits of vegetarianism too. Doesn't mean anything. There is "proof" of just about anything you can think of on the internet.
Not sure if you saw the post but this topic is dead now. However I would be more than wiling to continue it with PM's if you are open to the information I have to offer. If not that's fine but we need to stay on topic now.
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:05 PM   #38 
Sena Hansler

...lol my sofa, rug, and such are not fur. Actually one blanket is wool, and that is from a sheered sheep (which by the way need to be sheered, or get sick, too heavy, etc) that's about it lol
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:40 PM   #39 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettas Rule View Post
I am not saying anything bad about vegetarians only stating that it's not healthy and your body will suffer in the long term...
How is that not saying anything bad about vegetarians?

I agree peta is a horrible org.
However,eating meat is pretty unnatural now.At least where most of the meat comes from. I have been vegan for 12 years and have never been anemic or ill because of my veganism.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:59 PM   #40 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think eating meat or not eating meat is a personal choice and there is no right or wrong. You just have to decide what is right for you.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote