betta fish

Old 08-26-2011, 09:34 PM   #9441 
CodeRed

Thank you! He's my baby ;)
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:37 PM   #9442 
TheCrysCat

Snakey <33

Rant: This friend I have. She whines about EVERYTHING. We have friends with relatives in countries with crazy corrupt systems (police, government, everything) and she has the nerve to whine and obsess over the fact that she got four hours of sleep. Guess what, so did other people. It's one thing to vent and get things off your chest, but she obsesses over things and will. not. shut. up. Boo freaking hoo, you're an athletic honors student who's very pretty and has a nice house and family, but your life is horrible because you don't have a boyfriend and your sisters annoy you. lolwut.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:43 PM   #9443 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflie View Post
LOL I don't know, I watch Beverly Hills 90210 every day on SOAP...that show is pretty darn dramatic.

on another note related to my online panic. Medication helps. I really need to stop being so stubborn and use it when I need it.
I understand. I hate taking my meds. I fought against it for years because I felt that they made me someone I wasn't. Maybe they still do but at least they make me into someone everyone around me can live with. I'm my worst enemy and I think no amount of meds will ever change that but at least I don't have to be everyone else's enemy too.

Although, I also hate taking my meds because they are total creativity killers. Not a good thing when you are a writer. I have four novels I want to finish and I haven't written hardly more than a page in any of them for several years. :/
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:54 PM   #9444 
dramaqueen
Banned

My medicine makes me sleepy. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:46 PM   #9445 
Neil D

Yeah, crys, people here in the US (canada, Europe) sometimes don't know how flippin' GOOF they have it. I do whine sometimes, but that's because its a different scale. But people in these countries need to KNOW what is "bad" and what is "BAD.

I used to here kids all the time at school saying "this school sucks" etc etc, but what about a school in India? I went there over summer and was APPALLED by the school facilities there. There were like 60 kids in each room! And this room was kinda small for all these kids. And these kids seemed happy there. ._.-
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:25 PM   #9446 
bahamut285

@Crys and Neil: While that is annoying, you have to see it from a similar standard perspective.

People who have nothing will see everything as a blessing, and people who have everything will see nothing as something horrible.

The reason why we have bad days is so we can learn to appreciate and cherish the good ones.

By the way, I just got back to my house from FanExpo. It's a full weekend event (Thurs-Sunday) but RANT: I have work training on Saturday, so I gotta go to that tomorrow :(

It seems I missed a lot of good stuff on this thread. Darn.
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:36 PM   #9447 
Neil D

I Know, bahamut, what I was saying is just be aware that you have it GOOD. Things that are bad to us are blessings to others. And its ok if you whine once in a while about that. But 2 hrs less sleep because of school isn't something to make a big deal about.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:17 AM   #9448 
Betta Slave

ARGGGGNBJFDBSAJFKEBDJWLFBGEJSLAGREJSAL

I had such a good night with two of my best friends and I come home and the first thing my mom does is comment on my weight.

WHAT?

I've been told by numerous people that I'm skinny and need to GAIN weight. My mom thinks she's overweight, too (which she is not even close to being) so she's just projecting her problems on to me. Granted, she was teasing, but she did it even when I told her to stop. Nicely.

-.- Goshhh she gets on my nerves... Not the first time it's happened. But a mother should know better to talk to her teenage daughter about her body image. Seriously. I'm getting really P O'D.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:27 AM   #9449 
fightergirl2710

Pfft.. You Americans are crazy! @Neil with fake Indian accent
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:13 AM   #9450 
Leeniex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Slave View Post
ARGGGGNBJFDBSAJFKEBDJWLFBGEJSLAGREJSAL

I had such a good night with two of my best friends and I come home and the first thing my mom does is comment on my weight.

WHAT?

I've been told by numerous people that I'm skinny and need to GAIN weight. My mom thinks she's overweight, too (which she is not even close to being) so she's just projecting her problems on to me. Granted, she was teasing, but she did it even when I told her to stop. Nicely.

-.- Goshhh she gets on my nerves... Not the first time it's happened. But a mother should know better to talk to her teenage daughter about her body image. Seriously. I'm getting really P O'D.

You are right, your mom should NOT be doing that!!! Please don't let it get to you. I can't imagine saying anything derogatory to my kids.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou