Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-27-2011, 01:33 PM   #2341 
myfishjayne

*cough* *cough* Yes. Every time I go near he tries to bite my finger off. He's CRAZY... I was making a water-flow sofener yesterday and as I was putting it in, he was trying to bite my fingers off. Oh, and as I was putting him back into his tank, via bowl, I was holding it side was, the bowl, and he didn't swim out... He tried to kill me... Again. :D
myfishjayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:44 PM   #2342 
harrypotter

I want to make sure I am doing this right! I have a 2 gallon tank and I have Prime Conditoner in the 100 ML bottle

It says use 5 ml for every 200 L (50 gallons)

So how much should I be putting in?
harrypotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:55 PM   #2343 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypotter View Post
I want to make sure I am doing this right! I have a 2 gallon tank and I have Prime Conditoner in the 100 ML bottle

It says use 5 ml for every 200 L (50 gallons)

So how much should I be putting in?
2 drops per gallon - that's all you need.
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:14 PM   #2344 
harrypotter

That's what I thought but I wanted to make sure! After the scare I had a couple of weeks ago, I'm terrified of losing him now. I'm surprised at how attached I am to him.
harrypotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #2345 
Neil D

Oh trust me. Bettas make you love them. They make you cry, laugh, swear, and just plain spaz out. XD
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:31 AM   #2346 
myfishjayne

That they do, Neil D. Jayne's made me do all that and more! I've cursed at him, I've laughed at him, I've spazed out 'cuase of him, and yeah, he's made me cry to. :P

Oh, and Good Luck harrypotter!
myfishjayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:14 PM   #2347 
nel3

im starting an experiment with my blue VT for a suitable tank during winter (and hopefully for good). he loves his .5g anddoes well in it. the 1 gal he hates, could be lack of swimming area or too big. im leaving my DT in the 1g QT while i put the VT in my DT's 2.5g. how long should i wait for him to calm down in the 2.5 before putting him in the .5g if it doesnt work out? if all goes well i'll get a 5g and divide it. right now he's flaring like crazy. after being introduced to the 2.5.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:17 PM   #2348 
dragonflie

What leads you to believe he doesn't like the 2.5? If he's flaring alot he is possibly ending up with the mirror effect on the sides if there is a light in the hood.
dragonflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:06 PM   #2349 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflie View Post
What leads you to believe he doesn't like the 2.5? If he's flaring alot he is possibly ending up with the mirror effect on the sides if there is a light in the hood.
i have yet to find out if he dislikes the 2.5. i just put him in the 2.5 and i'll bring the the heater up to 25 celsius as he was in an unheated tank. it'll be 27 later on for Nel. i know theres more reflection than he's used to. its being put into a tank 2 gallons larger that worries me a bit. atm im keeping the room lights dim for the 2.5g and 1g. i'll give him 8 days to reach a descision for the 2.5g. the DT seems happy in the 1g but he's going to be in a 2.5g as a permanent tank.

my VT is easier to take care of bc he doesnt seem to like darker water ATM (tail bites). he likes clear water and the occasional potty break. the DT is another story: ph issues, tail biting and what not. both are jeckyl and hyde. DT passive but notorious tail biter, VT agressive but very few tailbiting issues o.O.

aret those scrubbing pads used for dishwashing suitable for cleaning acrylic tanks? i have 1 pad thats avoided soap so far for cleaning tank cleaning.

Last edited by nel3; 08-28-2011 at 01:18 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:28 PM   #2350 
Neil D

Don't keep the light above the tank on. It does cause the mirror affect previously mentioned.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote