Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-28-2011, 04:23 PM   #1 
DragonFish

Sooooo......

Guess who was sitting in the exact same cubby I left him in when I poked around Petco last Tuesday?

He is currently floating in his new home...and doing his very best to figure a way out into the tank; he seems especially fascinated with the plants....and will occasionally come and watch me, seeing as he is on my desk next to my computer.

The camera highlights his blue, but in real life is a little more yellow/white of course.

Yup yup. Went back today and after talking my dad(and agreeing to sneak him past my mom/take all the blame when she finds out )into letting me buy him....heres the guy I had been telling you guys about! It was fate; he was still in the same exact spot I left him.

I had to pass up a gorgeous purple(Yes, purple.....well, more lavenderish, but you know what I mean)HM boy(who I put front and center, hoping he would find a nice new home)because I knew I couldn't possibly get away with getting two....plus, I don't have my other tanks/heaters unpacked or my shelf set up. I'll probably have to wait a couple of months for another one ;P
And then when we went into Petsmart, guess what they had? Dragon PKs.
sdkjhdflkgdf x_x

I'm happy with my choice though; this little guy definitely called to me. None of the PKs didn't call to me anyway ;P I'll just wait and look again later. Great part about having a Gecko is I have to go in for crickets anyway ;)

The funny part is....I'm not really a Doubletail/yellow betta fan xDD I got Robin because he was just so unique and lively and he kept starring at me...and this guy just called to me, and though he was yellow, he has some blue(clearly)and hes a butterfly(a favorite of mine) o: I'm insanely picky with my DTs...but I think hes gorgeous <3

I'm still debating on names, it all depends on his personality.
So far, I'm thinking...

-Caspian: Prince/King Caspian X from the Chronicles of Narnia.
-Alois: Alois Trancy from the anime Kuro****suji/Black Butler
-Oz: Oz Vessalius from the anime/manga Pandora Hearts.

I'm leaning towards Caspian, but if he proves to have a much more spunky attitude I'll probably go with one of the other two.

Anyway....just thought I'd share xD More/better pics of him, and updated pics of my other boys to come soon! :)
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:47 AM   #2 
hmckin20

so. pretty. he looks like he has a bit of dragon in him too :P

one of my betta is named caspian :D
& i like Oz just cause it reminds me of the wizard of oz, which reminds me of emerald city = green = your betta's fins on the camera. xD
hmckin20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:13 AM   #3 
DragonFish

Thank you! :D
This isn't the best picture of him, I've got several more, better ones I'll be posting later. ^^;
Hes not quite a dragon...a half-mask and a bit metallic-y, but not a dragon xD

Oz is actually my least favorite name out of the three, mainly because I know people will thing of The Wizard of Oz first....and I've never been a fan of the movie ^^; So he'll probably end up with one of the other two.

Hes quite feisty despite his large fins o.o, hes insanely curious(hes explored every nook and cranny in his tank at least five times)and always wanting to know what I'm up to, which makes him the perfect desk buddy.
I honestly expected him to be a little more chill because of his stocky build and huge fins....but my goodness was I wrong o.o xD
Old 08-29-2011, 11:04 AM   #4 
wildfire3

he is beautiful! good choice. its always so hard to pick. sigh. . . .
wildfire3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #5 
DragonFish

Oh, I know x_x There are usually several pretty guys I want....
When I used to work at an LFS....in the fish section...getting the first look at all the new shipments....and getting a 50% discount....
THAT was the worst xD;