Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-29-2011, 02:07 PM   #21 
DragonFish

Yup! Petco Keepers are the same thing as KKs :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakbirdxGyarados View Post
lol, Well, a lot of people on this site seem to like KKs. It's probably just me and bad luck with those things. xD'
It depends on how big the rocks are... mostly I worried that the gravel I had would fall out of the tank and get in the sink and asdf I don't want to take apart the sink to get the rocks. X_x

I'm rather a small person too... 5'2" and barely any musles on my arms... though I admit I am getting some more and more because I'm training myself before I get in the military. >>

... And you just made me think of how difficult it will be moving my 10g and two awkwardly-shaped 5g when I have a place for them wherever I get stationed. |D I might probably have to try my luck with KKs for a while before I get those back up and running again. xD'
Mine were pretty large; these big black rocks I'd gotten at the craft store. o: I had gravel in there for ea bit, but it was just a pain to clean in that tank for some reason. I was probably not doin' it right xD;
I love mt KKs now...I had a little trouble with them in the begging though; just with fish unexpectedly keeling over in them after like a month(it was weird....I've yet to figure out the true problem; and that was almost two years ago)But....so long as they have some sort of marbles/rocks/gravel and I don't keep my KKs next to my computer; the fish live in them just fine :/ As weird as that sounds...

Yup, sounds like me xD Tiny little 5'2" girl with no muscles ;P
I used to ride horses, so I had muscles...but that was over two years ago xD; Yeah, I need to get in shape...

LOL! Yeah...I moved my 5 gallon and my 10(though the 10 has my gecko in it...) across the country(luckily my 20 long and 50 got crated and shipped). THAT was fun....every time the RV hit a bump I was like O_O sdfgsdfg My taaaaanks and fiiiiiish D;
And we went over some bumpy roads; lemme tell ya o_o It was a miracle everyone and everything made it.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:09 PM   #22 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Lee Lady View Post
The aquarium I have now is an Aqueon. Has anybody ever had one of these? I am looking into KKs though, as I am hearing so many great things about them.
I have a 10g Aqueon tank, yes. Nothing's too special about it's design, though. It has a lid with lights, rectangular shape... Not easy to scratch. With live plants, there's no reason to completely empty it out and cart it outside to hose it down. Actually, I don't think I've ever done a 100% water change with it. >>

KKs are great though. They're fairly small and lightweight (without water of course) and it's easy to put them anywhere and everywhere. I believe what's inside the tank should be the beautiful part of the set up, so honestly it doesn't matter what kind of tank it is. As long as the critter inside is happy and healthy and the decoration looks great, the rest doesn't matter. ;D
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:10 PM   #23 
DragonFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Lee Lady View Post
The aquarium I have now is an Aqueon. Has anybody ever had one of these? I am looking into KKs though, as I am hearing so many great things about them.

I love Aqueon, its a great brand overall, at least in my experience. I love their filters and their heaters are pretty good too. o: Their tanks are....well, tanks xD But I like the kits they sell.

But yes; +1 to what BlakbirdxGyarados said about the KKs as well ;)
Old 08-29-2011, 02:15 PM   #24 
BlakbirdxGyarados

@DragonFish: You had the fish in teh tanks during the move? >> I can't imagine that would be stressless... for both the fish and you. xD; Though even if they were in bags or cups or something, moving is always stressful for everybody.
I think I'm going to have a heart attack, lol. I'm most likely going to move 2300 miles from where I am now, so moving the tanks as well as all my other things is just... going to be a fun 5 day trip.

Also, my granpa has some of those rocks in his 5g tanks. I'd be worried about the glass too, if I did water changes with those in the 2.5g.

Edit to my last post: The 10g had an Aqueon filter too! Great filter. Only bad thing about the filter is that it sucked up a few baby guppies I didn't know were in the tank. >> But anyway, they're actually pretty inexpensive to replace the cartriges... but it depends where you're buying them from too. xD

Last edited by BlakbirdxGyarados; 08-29-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:28 PM   #25 
DragonFish

Quote:
@DragonFish: You had the fish in teh tanks during the move? >> I can't imagine that would be stressless... for both the fish and you. xD; Though even if they were in bags or cups or something, moving is always stressful for everybody.
I think I'm going to have a heart attack, lol. I'm most likely going to move 2300 miles from where I am now, so moving the tanks as well as all my other things is just... going to be a fun 5 day trip.
Oh! No way; the fish were tucked safely in a dark corner in their cups surrounded by towels and a pillow.....but six days in a rattly RV, the first two going through rather windy and bumpy roads....I was a total wreck worrying about my underwater puppys D:
Of course I checked on them frequently...they weren't happy; but they were always okay.

Yup, thats about as long as our move was. Ugh. It was NOT fun x_x I wish you the best of luck with yours!

On the note of the filters....Aqueon was what I used in my 10 and 20 long when I had them set up; I loveloved them, best filters I've ever had for sure.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:47 PM   #26 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish View Post
Oh! No way; the fish were tucked safely in a dark corner in their cups surrounded by towels and a pillow.....but six days in a rattly RV, the first two going through rather windy and bumpy roads....I was a total wreck worrying about my underwater puppys D:
Of course I checked on them frequently...they weren't happy; but they were always okay.

Yup, thats about as long as our move was. Ugh. It was NOT fun x_x I wish you the best of luck with yours!

On the note of the filters....Aqueon was what I used in my 10 and 20 long when I had them set up; I loveloved them, best filters I've ever had for sure.
Right... I didn't think anyone would be that careless to move with fish still in the tanks. D: But I asked because that's the first picture I had pop into my head. |D;

And I think, unless something horrific happens concerning Aqueon, I'm sticking with that brand.
I just remembered I have their heater in my 10g too. >> So many things Aqueon that I'm just now realizing I have. xD
Old 08-29-2011, 02:58 PM   #27 
DragonFish

Quote:
Right... I didn't think anyone would be that careless to move with fish still in the tanks. D: But I asked because that's the first picture I had pop into my head. |D;

And I think, unless something horrific happens concerning Aqueon, I'm sticking with that brand.
I just remembered I have their heater in my 10g too. >> So many things Aqueon that I'm just now realizing I have. xD
Lol! Sorry, I should have clarified; no worries, this isn't my first rodeo...I've moved all kinds of fish, I couldn't imagine moving them in tanks o_o xD

Mmmhmm, agreed. I use Marineland heaters(mainly because thats what was available to me when I bought them two years ago), but the heater for my 50 is an Aqueon is I believe o:
Old 08-29-2011, 03:05 PM   #28 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish View Post
Lol! Sorry, I should have clarified; no worries, this isn't my first rodeo...I've moved all kinds of fish, I couldn't imagine moving them in tanks o_o xD

Mmmhmm, agreed. I use Marineland heaters(mainly because thats what was available to me when I bought them two years ago), but the heater for my 50 is an Aqueon is I believe o:
My fish are pretty used to moving... maybe not from one town to another, but still. As I put more tanks into my room, I moved fish around to dillute the crowd... and now that I'm trying to downsize (I went a little over board with bettas at one point >> ), they're getting moved around still. My guess is moving during those 5-6 days won't be too bad for them... that they can take it. Not like it of course, but take it.