Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-30-2011, 11:03 AM   #11 
GreenTea

To me - this is the betta scale ;) HMPKs seem especially active, and are fast and compact. They are quite a lot bigger than females, especially if you get "king"s or giants.

God tier: Hmpks, giant hmpks, some delta tails
Good tier: plakats, double tail plakats, female crowntails
Ok Tier: Veiltails, crowntails,
Meh tier: halfmoons and the like
Low tier: Double tails
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:07 AM   #12 
BlakbirdxGyarados

... I almost got a King PK.... I'm glad I didn't. He'd be soo much bigger than the space I have for him right now. xD;
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:21 AM   #13 
Marieukxx

Yeah I saw a video comparison of the king one next to a plakat and OMG it was way bigger. Lovely but too big for the tank I have
Marieukxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:21 AM   #14 
Marieukxx

You guys have really persuaded me over to plakats now.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:22 AM   #15 
Marieukxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakbirdxGyarados View Post
Woah... I'm a sucker for any dragon already, but that one... Wow.
Yeah gutted I mised him. I wouldn't be here debating whether to get him or not lol. He's stunning.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:23 AM   #16 
Marieukxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTea View Post
To me - this is the betta scale ;) HMPKs seem especially active, and are fast and compact. They are quite a lot bigger than females, especially if you get "king"s or giants.

God tier: Hmpks, giant hmpks, some delta tails
Good tier: plakats, double tail plakats, female crowntails
Ok Tier: Veiltails, crowntails,
Meh tier: halfmoons and the like
Low tier: Double tails
So you think HMPK are better?
Old 08-30-2011, 11:38 AM   #17 
Luimeril

that dragon looks like how Chappy was supposed to look! she's a marble dragon, and marbled away all her dragon scales, except one little one on her eye. :/

HMPKs have all the beauty of hte HM, without the heavy finnage. so, they're alot more active than even some veiltails. i love short tails, though, so HMPKs, PKs, and females are my favorites.. i still love my veil, my crowntail, and my delta, though. <3
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:19 PM   #18 
GreenTea

I just love hmpks because they are fast, awesome looking with big fins, and you dont have to worry about tail biting or any of that nonsense. Look at my albums! I have two giants, one in a 10 gal and one in 20 gal.

I also am a sucker for things that look cranky or grumpy, I think they're adorable. hmpks tend to look grumpy ;]
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:34 PM   #19 
Luimeril

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTea View Post
I just love hmpks because they are fast, awesome looking with big fins, and you dont have to worry about tail biting or any of that nonsense. Look at my albums! I have two giants, one in a 10 gal and one in 20 gal.

I also am a sucker for things that look cranky or grumpy, I think they're adorable. hmpks tend to look grumpy ;]
Theo looks grumpy, but it's just the white over his eye. :d

lol that was the day i brought him home. he was freaking out, because he was in a bigger tank, didn't know anything, and the camera scared him. D: he usually struts around with his fins spread a bit. he likes chilling on the bottom, with his ventrils looking like little legs. o3o
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:00 PM   #20 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Well since pictures of others' PKs are being posted:

I like to think Eli Dragonfly looks like a Koi in this shot. (Unofficially Theo's twin, by the way, lol)

You can see his blind eye here... the other side of him looks the same, just with a clear eye, lul.... It's not as cloudy anymore, but he's still blind there.

This is my HMPK female (so I guess I have three >> ) who is currently sick. Dropsy is the worst symptom now, and I really really am trying to turn it around for her. I wish I got more recent shots before the dropsy (her first pictures aren't good, so I'm using the shots of her the seller took).

NINJA! <3
Whoever buys him (if I do decide I'm definitely selling him), please make some babies with him!
Supplier photo below (You can see from the picture I took that Ninja colored up with some red when I got him):

I'm done with the pictures now. xD;
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote