Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-30-2011, 07:02 PM   #11 
missm83

dont like walmart

i went to walmart to get new plants for my little guy..i walked pass the bettas and omg....i seen more dead then alive!! ..it was soooo sad...i got my guy from petco, they had few choices but all of them looked healthy and clean. i would be scared to bring a betta from walmart...but they all need help so bigups to you!!
missm83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:07 PM   #12 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeflow246 View Post
Thanks! Haha. I have a soft spot for pet store bettas, but I try not to snap up every sick one I see. They're around $8 or $9, and if they're sick at my store, they're really sick. :(
Glad you're getting that Dalmatian! I'm totally jealous. :P

So do I (obviously lol)
VTs are only $5 (with tax) here, so its not huge hole in my wallet till I need to get tanks (3 gal kritter cages for $7 though )
I have an extra soft spot for the ones on deaths door... most I have gotten to pull through (luckily I have yet to see one with popeye)

lol,cant wait to go get him... still havent decided whether to get the yellow guy with blue streaks or one of the guys in the dirt cups :(
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:33 PM   #13 
freeflow246

Well, I would get the one most in need of help lol. Who knows, he might turn out to be beautiful. :)
freeflow246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:55 PM   #14 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by missm83 View Post
i went to walmart to get new plants for my little guy..i walked pass the bettas and omg....i seen more dead then alive!! ..it was soooo sad...i got my guy from petco, they had few choices but all of them looked healthy and clean. i would be scared to bring a betta from walmart...but they all need help so bigups to you!!
Lol, thank you, my walmart is worse than most, before this "new" shipment, theshelves were full of dead foater and solid yellow/green water, and one cup with just a skeleton :/
Old 08-30-2011, 07:57 PM   #15 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeflow246 View Post
Well, I would get the one most in need of help lol. Who knows, he might turn out to be beautiful. :)
lol, the guy in the dirtiest come seems to be okay considering some of the other guys, hes a solid blue VT, the guy in the next dirtiest cup is skinny and slight SBD, the rest either have severe SBD and/or finrot :/
Old 08-30-2011, 08:56 PM   #16 
freeflow246

Hmm. Then I would go there, get the sickest and line them up, then close your eyes and point. Or just go with your gut. Personally, I would pray and ask which one needed my help the most, but since I'm a Christian and bring that into every aspect of my life, most people aren't going to do that lol.
That was how I chose my Jalen though. I prayed that I would find the fish that was most in need of care, and it suddenly occurred to me to check behind the tanks they had on display right next to the bettas. I did, and there was Jalen, gray as a ghost and literally breathing his own poo. I snatched him up in a heartbeat.
/end story
If they're all equally sick, maybe you could just chose the one you think would color up the best once they got better.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:37 PM   #17 
LittleBettas

Yeah...
:/

I think Im going to sleep on it, and who knows mayb when I go up there will be that betta that just *pops*

Or maybe while I sleep, one guy will come to me in my dreams :)
Old 08-30-2011, 10:46 PM   #18 
Indyfishy

i always go by personality/which one you just bond with right there. Sometimes they just give you the look and you know you have to take that one home lol!
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:48 PM   #19 
LittleBettas

Lol, I know that feeling IndyFish... thats how I ended up with Chile :P
Old 08-31-2011, 01:25 PM   #20 
freeflow246

I went with my brother to get a betta a few years ago, and he picked one up that he really liked. He started flaring and trying to bite my brother through the cup. My brother was like, "This one!" I just looked at him like O.O