Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-29-2011, 03:40 PM   #11 
Creat

I just am torn after my loss of my HM red butterfly marble.... none of my betta I bonded with more then him
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #12 
Sowman

I can understand. I love my little Cloak, he is so interesting. After reading that other post, I am going to cover every opening in the aquarium so he doesn't jump out. I would never forgive myself if something happened to my bettas because of something I did.

Hang in there and it will get better. I never realized how much personality these little guys have until just recently.
Sowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:56 PM   #13 
bkelizabeth

I know the feeling :( I lost my first betta, and I never really figured out what I did wrong. It's frustrating, and even with my new fish, I've seriously wanted to just quit. It's difficult knowing that little creatures completely depend on you for their well-being (in the sense that, they're out of their natural element for good.) I guess, for me, you just have to realize that you can't be perfect, and a LOT of things are completely out of your control. The only thing you can do is try. Even though it's an expense, and sometimes heart wrenching process, you have to work really hard at it.

I'm on the same page with Sowman, when I lost my first fish, I was devastated. I tried not thinking about it, but everyone knows how hard that is. I was so down for a few days, and then, I dragged myself out of the house, drove up to the local aquarium and decided to start FRESH. Buying a new fish really does help fill that void... and it helps with the disappointment.

I'm really really sorry for your loss, and trust me, everyone here knows exactly how you feel. I hope you don't blame yourself, because sometimes, there's just nothing you can do. I do recommend getting SOME sort of new replacement. Whether it be a new fish, or some other type of pet. Even sea monkeys make me happy. I hope you feel better <3
bkelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:23 PM   #14 
Creat

I am just watching one of my males die now and I have no idea what is wrong I feel like a horrible person... lol sea monkeys
Old 08-30-2011, 08:56 PM   #15 
LittleBettaFish

I've had to euthanise several of my fish this year, and it never gets any easier watching them pass.

Sometimes life just sucks and no amount of rationalising or reasoning can make it better.

I don't have anything deep or meaningful to add here, but I would just like to offer my condolences and a virtual hug.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:20 AM   #16 
Creat

Thanks you guys i swear if it wasnt for this forum I would be to stressed
Old 08-31-2011, 09:32 AM   #17 
Luimeril

Purple died. some time this morning. i'm torn up about it, because i STILL don't know what happened. but, when i looked down, Scout was working on another bubble nest, already fricken huge. i couldn't help but smile at that. the little guy really cheers me up when i'm down.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote