Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-31-2011, 12:10 PM   #691 
Punki

Just for a cute comparison, this is squito a month ago.

And now

Heres sharky a month ago (his face was sorta "sharklike")

and now

Miss piggy a month ago

and now
:)
I know im repeating the past and the latest pics, but ive always recognized and been able to seperate these three and when i came upon my old pics i was shocked at the difference a month made. Interesting isnt it :D
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:30 PM   #692 
Amphibianite

wow they have grown so much and look so wonderful.
Amphibianite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:22 PM   #693 
bettalover2033

@Punki: Who is the Deformed one?

- BL2033
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:45 PM   #694 
Punki

Miss piggy is the derormed one lol. She just has permanent swim bladder problems but she will live a happy life regardless as long as shes in epsom longterm with rest spots near the top. She wiggles around and can attack her food and come up for air without too much trouble.
What happened im thinking is that about a month ago when i first moved them out of the 10g she was double the size of the others, and when i would feed them she would chase the others away or just shove them over to get their food, at the time i gave her the name miss piggy since she had such a good appetite. Id make little jokes about her piggyness but i was very proud of her for being so strong. From pictures of other peoples fry, her stomach was very round but nothing drastically more then pictures id sometimes seen so i didnt think into it. But her overeating was a problem and her stomach being full all the time i belive put pressure on her swim bladder as it was growing into place and it grew wrong. She could technically grow out of it but im doubting it. She was on 1tsp of epsom salts for a week with no improvement, then 2tsp a gallon for a week with no improvement. But removing the epsom caused her to fall back into laying down at the bottom when she rested so there's no improvement though shes still growing. Her personality is extremely friendly, she wiggle dance begs for food and comes to the surface to say hi when i open her clearwrap. Being alone so soon has made her more sociable. When she first showed signs i let it alone knowing they can grow out of it but i found her wedged in a tight spot with the siblings nipping at her so i removed her to start treatments.
Thats Miss piggys story :)
Old 08-31-2011, 02:54 PM   #695 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punki View Post
Miss piggy is the derormed one lol. She just has permanent swim bladder problems but she will live a happy life regardless as long as shes in epsom longterm with rest spots near the top. She wiggles around and can attack her food and come up for air without too much trouble.
What happened im thinking is that about a month ago when i first moved them out of the 10g she was double the size of the others, and when i would feed them she would chase the others away or just shove them over to get their food, at the time i gave her the name miss piggy since she had such a good appetite. Id make little jokes about her piggyness but i was very proud of her for being so strong. From pictures of other peoples fry, her stomach was very round but nothing drastically more then pictures id sometimes seen so i didnt think into it. But her overeating was a problem and her stomach being full all the time i belive put pressure on her swim bladder as it was growing into place and it grew wrong. She could technically grow out of it but im doubting it. She was on 1tsp of epsom salts for a week with no improvement, then 2tsp a gallon for a week with no improvement. But removing the epsom caused her to fall back into laying down at the bottom when she rested so there's no improvement though shes still growing. Her personality is extremely friendly, she wiggle dance begs for food and comes to the surface to say hi when i open her clearwrap. Being alone so soon has made her more sociable. When she first showed signs i let it alone knowing they can grow out of it but i found her wedged in a tight spot with the siblings nipping at her so i removed her to start treatments.
Thats Miss piggys story :)

Aw. Poor Miss Piggy! At least she is with someone that understands her and loves here the way she needs to be loved.

Are you ever going to sell or give her away?

-BL2033
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:57 PM   #696 
Punki

I doubt it. My dad kind of wants her, and hes walking distance so if i run out of space i will just give her to him and walk over to do her water changes and cleanings. I dont know anyone else in my area who i know could give her the proper care. Giving someone instructions on water conditioning and diet and tank size is one thing but once i start adding special rest spots, lowered water levels, and epsom salt measurements it becomes too much. Plus i kinda love her XD
I dont plan to sell any of them, Giving them away really. The only other people i can trust are on here but shipping is so scary :P If only people live closer :P
Old 08-31-2011, 06:39 PM   #697 
Amphibianite

Where do you live Punki? XD
I am glad your fry have such a loving home ^_^
Old 08-31-2011, 07:00 PM   #698 
Punki

Im down in FL. Far too far from Oregon XD I wish we were closer!
Yeah they are loved, to the point that parting with any of them is going to have me stalking new owners lol :P
Old 08-31-2011, 07:03 PM   #699 
Amphibianite

Haha yeah I figured that. I think I am the only oregonian breeder here XD.
Haha yeah I will be stalking my friends who will be receiving fish XD aka my eventual fry XD
Old 08-31-2011, 07:10 PM   #700 
Punki

We will be lugging around gallons of conditioned water in our cars when we visit JUST IN CASE XD