Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-31-2011, 10:19 AM   #11 
McDerppington

@ SnowySurface: Thanks for the tips I was only think on getting just two generic silk ones at first till I can find someone to build a Dual water tower in the shape of an Asian gate way. Sounds complicated but the way I have it my head it isn't. I cave or something for him to derp around in too until I figure out what plants I want. Bamboo is too cliche and it's not an aquatic plant so it'll just muck things up after a while. I kind of like the way the Tiger lotus the Florida Sunset and Amazon sword look.
McDerppington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:26 AM   #12 
McDerppington

Did I mention this is my first time derping around with fish?
Old 08-31-2011, 10:40 AM   #13 
McDerppington

Question: Would these hurt my fish if I had one in the tank?
LOL WHAT?!

EDIT: I saw the ones I linked had buttons on the three that I got from a Launch party are a little cheaper. They don't have a button instead they have two little metal circles on the bottom that complete the circuit between the batteries and the lights causing them to turn on when placed in water or if you held your finger down.

Last edited by McDerppington; 08-31-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:12 AM   #14 
Princess Penny

Whoa, those are pretty neat and would probably look awesome in a fish tank but I'm afraid I'm no help determining if they're safe or not. I'm assuming there aren't any harmful chemicals inside that could leak out or anything, since they're intended for putting in drinks?
Princess Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:59 AM   #15 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I'm +1 with the in tank thermometer, I have a sticky one right now, because they're what I use for my snake, but I don't think it's very accurate and am getting an in tank one soon.
If you want to try the tannin thing, without almond leaves, you can put in a little decaf green tea, or dry, clean oak leaves. They have the same effect. Indian almond leaves do sell on ebay for like, a bunch for a dollar also.
Also if you get a moss ball you should rinse it under the tap every week or so, because they tend to travel around the tank and pick up debris, they're almost like living filters :D
What ever you decorate with, make sure there's no holes that your betta can't fit through easily but could get stuck in, many have drowned because of this also no really sharp edges on stuff :3
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:08 PM   #16 
jman828

Everything looks godd, just use a suction cup thermometer not stick on.
jman828 is offline   Reply With Quote