Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-30-2011, 12:09 PM   #11 
Laki

Aww congrats!! I can't wait to meet the new fishie! I'll be just as excited in a couple weeks when my loan comes through and Laki gets everything he needs... I'm also getting another ;)

Have you decided on the gender yet??
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:17 AM   #12 
SassyBetta

nope not yet lol im still on the fence. i was kinda hoping to get like 2 girls for the other side but figured they would fight. and what not. my mom is on the betta boat aswell . when we were there she saw this green and i mean like green not aqua it was more green than blue CT and she flipped out. lol
"Sharon, you have to get this one now. hes so purdy look at him" lol it was so funny. i want a HM tho more than another CT. they get their shipment in this friday soooo hopfully they have some lil guy that catches my eye. tho i do need some advice and ill probably make a formal thread in the care section but . obsidian my CT has had the entire 10 gallons to himself for about a month now and i dont think he is taking the divider very well. how can i help him cope with it. i see him looking at the seriously small small gap on the side wall and the divider( no way any fish could get through) like hes contemplationg trying to push through it. i feel so bad he stares at the other half allot like hes sad that he doesnt get all 10 gallons any more and hes been a lil less active like hes depresses or just sad or mad at me lol. so any ideas on how to cheer him up? or make the transition better?
SassyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:00 AM   #13 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyBetta View Post
nope not yet lol im still on the fence. i was kinda hoping to get like 2 girls for the other side but figured they would fight. and what not. my mom is on the betta boat aswell . when we were there she saw this green and i mean like green not aqua it was more green than blue CT and she flipped out. lol
"Sharon, you have to get this one now. hes so purdy look at him" lol it was so funny. i want a HM tho more than another CT. they get their shipment in this friday soooo hopfully they have some lil guy that catches my eye. tho i do need some advice and ill probably make a formal thread in the care section but . obsidian my CT has had the entire 10 gallons to himself for about a month now and i dont think he is taking the divider very well. how can i help him cope with it. i see him looking at the seriously small small gap on the side wall and the divider( no way any fish could get through) like hes contemplationg trying to push through it. i feel so bad he stares at the other half allot like hes sad that he doesnt get all 10 gallons any more and hes been a lil less active like hes depresses or just sad or mad at me lol. so any ideas on how to cheer him up? or make the transition better?
I think once there's another betta fish on the other side, he'll stop wanting to go to the other side. Did you try moving him to the other side? Maybe he saw that as more his territory than the side he's stuck on?
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:22 PM   #14 
SassyBetta

hmm you know thats a really good idea, i just guessed the side hes on now was more his liking cuz he was always there and made his bubble nests over there
Old 09-01-2011, 05:20 PM   #15 
Aquarianblue

I'm excited again, to

Just getting my 10 gallon set up. I'm stoked! I can't wait to see how happy Lucky is gonna be inside of it! Also thinking about getting a divider, and getting him a friend to flare at. It's just so fun to do all this stuff. But what I'm REALLY excited about is an idea I've had that I wanna share with the whole forum, and I may make a new thread, to spread the idea around, so we may all be able to do our part.

Just like everyone else, I can't stand seeing Bettas at the pet store. in heavy blue medicated water. in them little cups. So I'm gonna ask Petsmart, and a few other places, if I can, for FREE, come in daily (since I have the time, sadly.) and clean all the cups, and care for the bettas individually, just because I want em to have a somewhat better life. If I have to buy my own water cleaner stuff. (tired, forgot the name. blah) I will. but I feel it's the least I can do for the little guys. So pretty stoked about getting a yes.
Aquarianblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:24 PM   #16 
SassyBetta

so i got a pic of the divided tank now lol :) havnt planted the other side at all im out of decor, lol so what do you guys think, that lil red blob is obsidian lol , is his side to crouded? oppinions would be great
Attached Images