Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-02-2011, 09:20 PM   #9661 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post
@Romad and Sak - No, she was never diagnosed with anything. But she had control issues, obviously. And she didn't care about him in a loving way. He's never been hugged by either parent. They never told him they loved him. I'm amazed Steve is sane. He excels at work, he's a sweet, kind, lovin' guy, and he's smart and creative. He has a few control issues and anxiety over making decisions. But that's probably because he wasn't allowed to.

His Dad is bad too. The first time I ever met the man he told me "We know Steve lies to us all the time." The thing is, Steve was good. He didn't smoke, didn't drink, didn't do drugs. He's worked since he was 12 years old. He paid half of his tuition at Tyler School of Art. There is nothing about him that would warrant the kind of behavior they displayed regarding him. I was his first girlfriend even. He was 20. We hardly see them now. They make us both uncomfortable.

/extended rant off. :P

Grrrr to Steve's parents. Some people just don't realize how good they have it do they? I'd steer clear of them too since all they seem to bring to the table is negativity.

Steve sounds like a great man in spite of his upbringing. Kudos to him for making those negatives into positives. Too many people use their upbringing as an excuse to screw up their lives.

You go Steve! And for the record, I'd buy him a slinky on every birthday
Romad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:26 PM   #9662 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbetta View Post
9/11 "Truthers" get on my nerves. I don't personally believe in 100% of what the government says, but this is something that's so elaborate, it would be near impossible to pull off a conspiracy like it. The conspiracy theorists could go back in time and re-witness the events for themselves, and STILL hold on to their precious theories. By all means, ask questions. Definitely question what your government feeds you, especially if it seems a tad "off". But please, when you've been proven wrong, admit defeat! In the words of my boyfriend, how hard is it to believe that someone or some group rather could hate the U.S. and our way of life so much that they could attack us? IT HAPPENED. Learn from it. Grow from it. Grr. Okay. Just finished watching a documentary on "truthers"... Got me going a little bit. They did a bunch of rag-tag tests on what could have happened. There was a time where I, too questioned the legitimacy of the attacks, but in the end, in my opinion. the theories didn't really add up with what happened. Okay I'm done. I had to say something.
I hear ya.

The conspiracy theorists make me crazy but they live in a country where they have the right to say the things that they do. Lucky for them huh?
Old 09-02-2011, 09:30 PM   #9663 
metalbetta

Thankfully. They have the right to their opinion, and I have the right to be annoyed by it. USA! USA!
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:39 PM   #9664 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbetta View Post
Thankfully. They have the right to their opinion, and I have the right to be annoyed by it. USA! USA!

You got that right!!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:42 PM   #9665 
1fish2fish

ugh.. ate. too. much. My eyes were bigger than my stomach :( it's been SOOO long since I've had really good home cooking that I just kept eating and eating and now I feel like a post thanksgiving coma... I bet I'm going to have wicked heart burn tonight :(
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:56 PM   #9666 
vaygirl

Thanks Romad. <3 You know, I have never bought him a slinky but that is a fantastic idea. :) I'll give you credit! I'll even let him play on the stairs!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:47 PM   #9667 
Sakura8

Let's all send Steve slinkies. Then Vaygirl can come and rant about how her house is filled from top to bottom with slinkies. But seriously, Steve is a great example of rising above one's upbringing and circumstances to become a great person despite everyone else's attempts to make him otherwise. Kudos to Steve!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:49 PM   #9668 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romad View Post
Grrrr to Steve's parents. Some people just don't realize how good they have it do they? I'd steer clear of them too since all they seem to bring to the table is negativity.

Steve sounds like a great man in spite of his upbringing. Kudos to him for making those negatives into positives. Too many people use their upbringing as an excuse to screw up their lives.

You go Steve! And for the record, I'd buy him a slinky on every birthday
I agree. I have a cousin who had a terrible upbringing full of abuse from her father. Their dad made decent money but he drank it up. There were many days when they didn't know where their next meal was coming from and they went to bed hungry. 2 of her brothers became successful businessmen and she and another sister, I think, went to college. And one of them is a mean, grouchy old witch. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:11 AM   #9669 
bahamut285

Rant: siiiiiiiccccckkkkk

Also to be fair, I was not allowed to purchase a slinky because you could only play it on the stairs.

Just sayin'
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:14 AM   #9670 
Sakura8

Aww, I'm sorry you're sick, Bahamut. *sends healing vibes* At least you didn't miss your covention. I hope you feel better soon.

I had a slinky even though we had no stairs. It was very boring. And then I got it all tangled up somehow. I'd like to claim the slinky was defective but considering it's me and my clumsy fingers, I don't think it's a valid claim. -__-
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou