Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-01-2011, 10:32 PM   #11 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Ha! Awesome. xD
Though I have a feeling they'll just toss it off to the trash (those kind of people don't care about recycling :V), maybe it'll put a dent in his mind about customer satisfaction. Or something.
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:39 PM   #12 
Fleetwood

There's a difference between ignorance and stupidity. Some people just don't know any better. I kept a couple of my fish in really small tanks and bowls before, but that doesn't mean that I cared about them any less.
I was just uninformed.
Now, if someone let's say...worked at a pet store or considered themselves "fish experts" and then proceeded to talk about how it's perfectly okay to put something like a Betta or Goldfish in a bowl or vase that was one gallon or less yeahhh I'd call them stupid, but a lot of people are just ignorant.
I was once.
Everyone here was once, I'm sure.
Ignorance is what fuels knowledge in the first place.
Fleetwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 03:12 PM   #13 
ForbiddenSecrets

It's sad when people can't be bothered to learn. My parents don't really get why I go to the lengths I do for my fish but at least they have never mocked me. Mostly they just tell me to keep it nice looking c: Also they have no desire to keep fish ever so... I guess them not knowing too much is alright. But when people want to own fish... they should learn.
ForbiddenSecrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:39 PM   #14 
nel3

the LPS i got my copper at has an interesting way to get the bettas to react. they're stored in 1/3 L barracks and they either shake the container or just hit the darn thing. just now my brother had some comments on my fish suppies ie water testing tubes, conditioners etc. he doesnt understand the reason why i keep my green DT in IAL water even after explaining the reason to keep status quo on water parameters. its mostly ignorance ie "its too mcuh for just a small fish". i dont think id like him to keep a fish but i can trust him to feed mine if im away. as for WC no thanks, he'd probably take the fish out and put tap water if i didnt say so.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote