Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-03-2011, 04:39 PM   #9701 
vaygirl

Did you soak the ring for an hour first Sakura? I've never had a 'ring' but I know the other ones you have to soak first.

Lol @ Slinky Doctor!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:43 PM   #9702 
Sakura8

Soak it? No, I didn't. Hmmm. I shall try that. Thanks Vaygirl! *big hug* You may have just prevented me from commiting tankicide (the violent smashing of tank and all accesories in frustration).
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:45 PM   #9703 
vaygirl

Ha! Been there, almost done that. :) Trying to hold a plant and bury it with one hand in my deep tank. Then the corys come by and blooooop... up it goes.

Good luck!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:33 PM   #9704 
HatsuneMiku

@sakura

i have those suction cups .. made by lee's right ?

they are a PAIN to put together .. i mean that literally and figuratively .. i don't know why but whoever designed the thing to be a square that has to to fit into a circle .. is just .. yea .. speechless ..

but i used needle nosed players and kinda stretched the circle part to squeeze the square part in ..

and for the floating airstone i agree with veygirl .. soak it in warm water for like an hr .. it'll still kinda float if you don't weigh it down with something but it won't be as bad .. cus thats what i had to do to get mine not to float .. but then i have glass gravel .. so i put like 5 of the pebbles on it .. makes a cool effect =D .. maybe you can put a small rock in the middle .. it won't block the bubbles .. it'll just go around it

Last edited by HatsuneMiku; 09-03-2011 at 05:35 PM.
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #9705 
Sakura8

Yup, those dumb suction cups were made by Lees's. And if I wasn't so lazy, Lee's would be hearing from me about poor product design. Thanks Mistress for the tip. I think I'll take perverse pleasure in poking at the things with needlenose pliers.

This is the kind of airstone I bought.

It's a Hagen Elite stone. I'll be soaking it in warm water for an hour as prescribed and if that doesn't work I might take it outside and play street hockey with it.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:58 PM   #9706 
PewPewPew

Bah!

I love sweetaquatics.com. Love them. Cant bring myself to shop anywhere else, even if that means I dont get the snail I want. (I want another nerite, but dont wanna pay an extra $7 to ship from another site!)

I was all ready to buy a decent sized order ($25ish), until the last step, where I had a coupon code because they messed up and forgot a part of my order.

It didnt work! RAaaaghhh! D: Now I have to wait for them to get my email and fix it.

My plant tank is so bare and sad. Do not like!! Hurry up, sweetaquaticcsss :'(

Also, for advice...

Anyone know where I can get a nerite/MTS and NOT have to pay out my bum for shipping?
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:03 PM   #9707 
Sakura8

Pew! *giant hug* Hi! I've missed you and your plant experience. And I wish I'd known you were back five minutes ago, before I put my first dose of Flourish in my tank.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:39 PM   #9708 
dramaqueen
Banned

Glad you're back, Alyssa. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:54 PM   #9709 
1fish2fish

P3.. how many plants did you get for $25 (is that including shipping)? I need to get some more plants but I don't have a lot to spend so I want to get the most bang for my buck. I usually go through www.plantedaquariumscentral.com or www.bobstropcialplants.com but I haven't been happy with Bob's lately and PAC is super duper expensive although she has amazing plants and sends extra.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:19 PM   #9710 
Neil D

Hi ppp!
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou