Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-04-2011, 04:49 PM   #31 
CrowntailTwitchy57

maybe name him October? lol opal is October's birthstone so just a thought...
CrowntailTwitchy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:54 PM   #32 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Hehehe... that's kind of a neat, though a little thespian. It sounds like a nice way to relieve grief though.
Funny that you're naming the frog Fish. Best fun to have when explaining it to people. For example, I live with a cat named White Dog. My 5th grade teacher gave me a D on my essay because she kept thinking I was talking about a nameless cat and a white dog, so the sentences looked wrong. I got an A+ after I explained it to her.

I'm thinking Castien, Gabron, Excalibur even for a name.... Yes, I'm known to mix things together to make names, as you might can tell from Castiel and Carbon or Gabriel and Carbon... not sure how to mix Castiel and Gabriel yet....

Edit: Gastibriel? lol

Editedit: That is a thought.... I do love Halloween. <<
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:57 PM   #33 
CrowntailTwitchy57

they all sound great!
Old 09-04-2011, 05:04 PM   #34 
stripedsocks

Yes I love Supernatural that's how I thought of Castiel, cause he looks almost angelic so it fits <3 (I love Dean but I am definitely a Sam girl LOL)

Maybe Casper too since he's white like a ghost :3 I wish you luck in picking the right name!
stripedsocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:07 PM   #35 
CrowntailTwitchy57

or maybe wait until he shows personality? like if he acts tough name him Macho or if he's skittish name him skids...
Old 09-04-2011, 05:08 PM   #36 
Comet1993

What about Caspian? Or Cielo? Cielo is "sky" or "Heaven" in Spanish. =] Or Cielito, because he's still little.. So "little sky" or "little Heaven"...
Comet1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:14 PM   #37 
BlakbirdxGyarados

I do like to name over personality than looks, but man... I can't just keep calling him "that gorgeous tiny fish" every time I talk about him, lol

I did a bit of research for a while and I'm going with a bit of angelic and a bit of medieval. (Excalibur was what my sister thought of, and I liked the idea of medieval, too.)
Rowan is a name that's sticking... but I give my fish middle names now thanks to Revenant, so I think I'm going with Castiel, too.

Rowan Castiel Warner, it is.

Maybe he doesn't look like a Rowan, but as I saw another user say: Name him something simple and let his colors do the talking.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys! (I came pretty close to Carbon or Octavious, lol)

Edit to Comet1993: I saw someone who just got a betta and named them Skyline. I loved the idea of a name having something to do with the sky, but as you've probably read above, I've got his name now. Thanks, though! Cielo sounds pretty neat.
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:23 PM   #38 
stripedsocks

Yay I'm glad you found the perfect name for him <3
stripedsocks is offline   Reply With Quote