Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-03-2011, 02:10 PM   #31 
Luimeril

they come and go. sometimes, i'll find tons, sometimes i'm lucky to find one. .3. depends on the breeders.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:52 PM   #32 
LittleBettas

Yeah :/
But my guy needs to gain some weight so I have a bit of time to search for a pretty gal while I put meat on his bones :)
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:27 AM   #33 
bettarainbow

Betta dalmatien are not hard to find if you know where to look for them. I found 2 of them, one is black orange dalmatien and the other one is orange butterfly. Look like both of them are on hold and sold already.
Here are their links.

http://thumbs.webs.com/Members/viewT...2056&size=full

http://thumbs.webs.com/Members/viewT...8336&size=full

Ok, bed time for me, 99.
bettarainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:21 PM   #34 
freeflow246

Thanks bettarainbow! I think the hardest part is finding a Dalmatian that hasn't been already snatched up. :P
freeflow246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:57 PM   #35 
Luimeril

you'll have to hunt aquabid, if you want an HM or HMPK. otherwise, check pet stores, they often have veils. when i finally have the ability to breed bettas, that's where i'm gonna hunt. a pair of HMs on aquabid, and a male veil at the pet store.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:11 PM   #36 
PewPewPew

I would recommend trying to spawn for a dal gene if you havent before, considering it's so fickle. You might get 3 dals for every 50-100 fry, if you've done everything right.

Dals arent really "rare" nor "undesirable", just uncommon. I got a deep orange dal from walmart.

I think that says something to their rarity.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:40 PM   #37 
Luimeril

their rarity seem to come and go. about 6 months ago, the pet store i go to had about 6 of them. that was the first time in nearly 5 years that i'd seen them there, and i haven't seen them since. my walmart had only the pineapple dals, and that was 2 out of... maybe... 20 total bettas?

it's a hard thing to breed for, maybe, but doesn't mean you shouldn't try. x: i've been researching it for a while now, but it's not something everyone tries for, like butterfly or dragon, so there's no one who says "you gotta breed this to this, to get it" like with the more common types. x:
Old 09-04-2011, 09:32 PM   #38 
freeflow246

Yea, it seems like everyone is focusing more on dragons and butterflies now; the Dalmatian isn't as 'rad' as it used to be. Doesn't make me like it any less though!
freeflow246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:55 PM   #39 
LittleBettas

I just got back from petsmart.... NO females at all :(
Still on th prowl for an orange female or a cellophane.... If I breed my new boy and my potential girls, I'll breed for dals, crossing back the most likely dal offspring with the father...
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:21 AM   #40 
bettarainbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeflow246 View Post
Yea, it seems like everyone is focusing more on dragons and butterflies now; the Dalmatian isn't as 'rad' as it used to be. Doesn't make me like it any less though!

I am breeding dalmatien, that is why i have so many males. Just in case your fox dont know, if you put a male dalm with a female dalm, you are not going to get dalm.
To get dalm. the male gene need to be 100% dalm + a full solid orange female then you will get dalm or a solid orange male + a female with gene 100% dalm = dalm.
I tried already and has not that much success until i asked the breeder for helps. This is not my advices but breeder advices.
I disagree with few members from this forum, any color with dalm is rare to find and that is why when you find some, they are so expensive.
Attached Images

Last edited by bettarainbow; 09-05-2011 at 03:23 AM.
bettarainbow is offline   Reply With Quote