Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-03-2011, 11:41 PM   #1 
SKA123

Hello ^^

I wasn't sure where to post this but I guess I'll just do it here ^-^
I just got my betta fish today. My friend bought me one a week ago and give him to me today.
He's blue, and has pretty shades of aqua throughout his tail. I'm not sure how old he is, but he seems to be doing well. He's active, he swims a lot, he blows bubbles occasionally. He eats pretty well, though he eats when he wants to. I'll be cleaning his bowl once a week and feed him once a day. I hope to get him a bigger tank soon, but for now all I have a is a bowl. He has little glow in the dark rocks, and he also has a castle he likes to go under and hide behind. he knows his name, which is geppetto, and that's cute.

I just hope I have him for a long time. So any tips on keeping a healthy and happy betta are most welcome! And please tell me about your own bettas too.
SKA123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:27 AM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum. We usually recommend no smaller than 2 gallons. If you can get a bigger tank/container than that then that's fine. What kind of food are you feeding him? Most people feed pellets. I feed mine twice a day, 2-3 pellets each time. There are also frozen foods and freeze dried foods you can feed him. A lot of people stay away from freeze dried foods because of the potential for digestive problems but I've never had a problem. I rehydrate mine before feeding. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:34 AM   #3 
SKA123

I feed about 2-3 pellets. Though today he got four lol.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:36 AM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Sometimes mine get a little extra by accident, too. lol Those pellets are so darn small and hard to pick up.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:46 AM   #5 
SKA123

lol yea that's so true, plus i felt bad for the little guy cause he had to move today, so i just gave him an extra one :)
Old 09-04-2011, 08:31 AM   #6 
CrowntailTwitchy57

he sounds like a really pretty fish! if you post pics that would be awesome!
CrowntailTwitchy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:21 PM   #7 
SKA123

I'll try to post some, lol i dont have a digital cam so it wouldn't be the best quality :/
Old 09-04-2011, 01:30 PM   #8 
missm83

Welcome :) i cant wait to see pics of your guy!!.. and i would suggest getting a bigger tank. i got my boy a month ego tomorrow... i was told by the girl at the store he will be fine in a .5gallon bowl..so thats what i got Stupid me!! ..i got him home and i couldnt believe that he would be happy in this thing...so next day i got a 1 gallon tank..(i dont have space for a big tank) he def seem to love the extra space...but again i was like hummmm maybe if i get something just a tad bigger he will def be supper happy...so friday i went out and got 2 gallon tank and live plants..Now i feel better ..he seems to LOVE IT ! ... so if you can please try to get something like a 2gallon tank its def worth the happiness of your betta
missm83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:09 PM   #9 
SKA123

I just got him yesterday, but I will definitely try to get him a bigger tank this coming week. :)
Old 09-05-2011, 09:32 PM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

If you have a camera phone you can use that. I post pics taken with my camera phone even though they aren't the best pics. lol