Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #1 
carzz

No Benny, my fingernails are not other bettas!

My baby boy, Benny the betta, he is too cute. :P Of course, you'd all say that about your fishys too, right?
But, I always have my fingernails painted. I repaint them a different color about every three days. And last night, while feeding Benny, I had my hand on the side of his tank, but my fingers were curled under so he could see my nails. I look down, and he is massive! Flaring at my fingernails!
At first, I was wondering what he was doing, so I moved my hand, and he calmed down and swam away. And I was like, "weirdo fish, what are you lookin' at?" So, needless to say, I put my pointer finger to the tank, and when he caught sight of my fingernail, he swam up to it, and flared again! So I was playing with him a bit, under he finally rammed into the tank itself, and then I felt bad, so I stopped. But, seriously, it was really cute and extremely funny!
My nails were a shiny teal color, very pretty.
But, seriously, if you can't get your fish to flare, paint a nail and show it to them, it might work :P
carzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:12 PM   #2 
nel3

all i have to do to get my VT to flare in a acrylic tank is put the plastic background pic to the tank. it probably makes the walls more like a mirror.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:18 PM   #3 
SKA123

is it a good thing for them to flare? i just held a mirror up to mine and at first he ran away, but then when i put it in his favorite place to stare at himself, the right side of the tank, he flared, then he flared at me! i told him no, lol like he was a dog, and he stopped like after a min XD
SKA123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:31 AM   #4 
Silverfang

Generally it's good for them to flare a bit. Lrmets them exercise. Just don't over so it. Try to limit to about five minutes. When they get too excited they can tear their fins.

Of course some boys just don't like to flare.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote