Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-08-2011, 07:44 AM   #11 
tlyons01

Thanks everyone for your input. Yes MMAsac, I am using the DIY dividers. I originally had the clear with smaller holes. At one point, when the tank was cycling, I had each of them in their sides in a floating QT tank, at that time they didn't seem to notice each other that often. That might be the thing that needs to change. I originally had an IAL on each side for them, but removed it because the water was not tinting and I found some white fuzzy growing on a piece that was above the water, I got concerned so I removed them. I do have more and after I make some new changes I will add them again to each side. The reason I was concerned about water flow, was the farther side from the filter had a film that you could see on it and the water on the surface was not moving.

As far as him going back, though, I am not sure about that. I want to keep him happy and isolated until I begin to see regrowth or healing. I have others that I can trade homes with him. I have a solitary 5 gallon setup that my SD is in, so I may try that after I make a few changes to the divided set up. I also have a a rescue, but I have only had him for a week and would like to continue his clean water everyday treatment since his fins are starting to grow back. Fin rot or ammonia poisoning, either way, I don't want to spread anything and he doesn't have enough fin to swim properly yet. Thats an option for later I guess. For now, its good to know that I have some ideas to start with, thanks to you all!!!

Oh, I meant to also add that I do have some anacharis floating on each side too, but there is more plastic in there than I want. The live plants in my area look awful, and what I do have I got from Nashville which is a bit of a drive. Even theirs, when I got home have fallen apart in the week I have had them. I love the floating logs and almost got my 42 gal set up one, but I worried about getting ripped fins from the ragged edges.

Well, I got some plans to make, have a great day everyone!!! thanks for your advice and kind words. I am sure Blewie appreciates them as well
tlyons01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:15 PM   #12 
flowerslegacy

My divider is actually a Top Finn (sorry, I said it was a Pennplex!) The Pennplex is much more sturdy, in my opinion, because I have one for my other divided 10gal. But the Top Finn works fine. I'm not crafty at all . . . I'm considering going to a craft store to look for the black ones though!
flowerslegacy is offline   Reply With Quote