Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-08-2011, 07:14 PM   #1 
SKA123

quick question on tank cleaning

i clean my tank but just filling it with hot water and letting it sit for a few mins. if i used a cloth and just did the same thing with the outside of the tank, hot water, and wiped it down do you think that's okay? im cautious about using soap to clean it the outside of the tank.
SKA123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:55 PM   #2 
caitic10

I wouldnt use soap, even on the outside of the tank.

I fill the tank with hot water and scrub the walls of the tank. I ake a damp cloth and wipe the outsides.
caitic10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:48 AM   #3 
Thunderloon

vinegar for mineral deposits, high salt to sterilize (like tablespoon to 3 cups warm water). You can use chlorine to go at really mean algae spots as long as you use some prime on a wet sponge to clean it off.

Be careful of the edges of the sealant when using vinegar or chlorine.

I actually use a Stanley plastic bristle paint removing brush to break up the nasty hard water deposits by scrubbing the vinegar into them. Have them all the time on my two glass lids, bubbles and splashes.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:46 AM   #4 
Draug Isilme

Ya know, I was wondering about some good methods of cleaning my tanks, especially my older one (hot water aside, I have trouble getting those tough stains out), but now I know some more stuff to add on to my army of knowledge! ^.^ I'm glad I came across this
Draug Isilme is offline   Reply With Quote