Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-29-2011, 11:21 AM   #1 
Cookie Lee Lady

Thumbs up I think my four year old is as addicted to the Bettas as I am!

We have had our Bettas for about a week, and in this week, I have become more and more obsessed with these little guys...lol! This morning I find my four year old sitting in front of our aquarium talking to one of the little guys, asking him if he's ok and such...lol. This was so awesome for me because my son is legally blind, and I didn't know if he had the eyesight to see our little guys, but he loves watching them! Anyway, just thought I'd share cuz it absolutely melted my heart!
Cookie Lee Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:24 AM   #2 
BettaGirl290

it melts my heart and im 10 :O
BettaGirl290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:22 PM   #3 
Luimeril

aawww. :3 kids love fish. my niece is 7, and she loves helping me out with my babies. she even has one of her own, and she adores him.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:20 AM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Aww, how cute! It's great to see little kids take an interest in animals. It teaches them compassion and responsibility.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:38 AM   #5 
Aquarianblue

That is really warming.

Hello!!

First off, I think that is beyond wonderful your son can see these fish!! Even if he has blindness as you say, it's just so nice he can at least see some beauty in the world. And I'm glad a Betta is one of these things. I bet they will always stay with him.

And I am glad you and your son are part of fishkeeping together. It is such a good way to bond with your family. And the fish! It's neither here nor there really, but my first memory I can think of, is me being a very very little kid, and my mom would pick me up, let me feed these fish in an aquarium, and take me off to bed. So yeah. I will always remember my Mom and fish as my first ever memory. (I've asked my Mom what kind of tank this was in my memory, and she seemed blown away I could have a memory from such a little guy. Apparently this was a semi-aggressive tropical tank, from what she recalls)

But anyways, reading this just brought a smile to my face, and compelled me to share all that!!
Aquarianblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:18 AM   #6 
Flaretacious

That's really awesome, I just actually got into Betta's and started my first 10 gallon tank, and I know what you mean by addiction I actually went out and bought a divider and brought home another Betta. :) "I seem to want them all" lol
Flaretacious is offline   Reply With Quote