Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-25-2011, 10:20 AM   #41 
fightergirl2710

A heater is a must especially if your area gets chilly. Filter isn't necessary as long as you're up to the cleanings.. If you think that he can handle a 1 gallon and you can as well. Then let him be. Its upto you. :)
Ofl is just trying to explain what kind of scenario one should have a betta in, how one should let the betta get used to moving into a bigger tank etc..
My male bettas are in 2.5-3 gallon tanks with nothing except for a few plastic plants to rest on , caves to hide in and a heater in the colder months. I clean out their water 2 times a week and they're doing great. :) That's how I do it. What you do can be completely different as long as it suits your and the betta's needs.
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:20 AM   #42 
Laki

LOL okay ^^ SO I don't need to drop everything and run out to buy a new tank, heater, filter etc. . . That said, even though I convinced my bf that we needed a betta in our life (and I take care of it -_-) I am getting the itch.. You know... To upgrade. Add a few more fish... ;) Yea, you know what I'm talking about. The only restriction we have is size. We rent a bedroom as we're both broke butt students. A full tank is too much atm. I LOVE LOVE LOVE gourami's and want to keep them again some day I think. Thanks ^^
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:56 PM   #43 
Flaretacious

Thanks OFL, that actually makes me feel a whole lot better and good information by the way.
Flaretacious is offline   Reply With Quote