Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-08-2011, 04:40 PM   #211 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amphibianite View Post
Haha, I have to say I like a lot of Gonzo's work. Look at Last Exile. Outstanding series, no fan service at all, it was simply amazing. This October it is getting a new series, not a sequel, but a new series in the same world. It has me so excited.

I personally find Bones to be one of the best companies out there for anime. Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, Eureka Seven, Zam'd, so many others. They always put quality ahead of everything else it seems.
what series is coming in october? if its "Working" (slice of life, humour) then its going to be interesting to see how they go about it. i also love the series Working but im on the fence whether they'll fanservice overlaod or not. wolfs rain wasnt the best series but it was a nice slow yet intriguing series that i had no issues watching.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:25 PM   #212 
Sakura8

Hmm. I haven't seen the R+V anime and it sounds like it's not nearly as good as the manga.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:32 PM   #213 
Amphibianite

Nel - Sorry a new Last Exile series. So happy soooo very happy.

Sakura - it isn't bad but then i never read the manga.
Amphibianite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:54 PM   #214 
nel3

i suggest you read the manga theres slightly less fanservice but thats part of the equation. Tsukune doesnt look like a total wimp nearly as long as he is in the anime. season 2 also goes into a darker/serious mood which is a big plus. the anime is 70% manga with 20% more fanservice/fillers and altered storylines.

the manga that im hooked on atm is beelzebub.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:43 PM   #215 
Amphibianite

Beelzebub is hilarious.

Manga I am waiting on the next chapter of is 1/2 Prince.
Also waiting on the next chapter of High School of the Dead
Old 09-08-2011, 11:18 PM   #216 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
i suggest you read the manga theres slightly less fanservice but thats part of the equation. Tsukune doesnt look like a total wimp nearly as long as he is in the anime. season 2 also goes into a darker/serious mood which is a big plus. the anime is 70% manga with 20% more fanservice/fillers and altered storylines.

the manga that im hooked on atm is beelzebub.
Yeah, when I first picked up the Rosario Vampire manga, I almost quit halfway through the 2nd or 3rd volume because Tsukune was such a wimp. But after the blood transfusion, he improved a lot and I stopped wanting to smack him because he was such a wuss.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:19 PM   #217 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amphibianite View Post
Beelzebub is hilarious.

Manga I am waiting on the next chapter of is 1/2 Prince.
Also waiting on the next chapter of High School of the Dead
lol i feel so sorry for the unlucky teacher getting the new students in akuma high. i am also following Needless (humour) and Cage of Eden (storyline). theres a bunch of other previous series ive followed but i havent caught up with them for a while.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:28 AM   #218 
Amphibianite

I have also been reading Dragon Who, its actually pretty decent and goes into the Aztec myths of Quetzalcoatl with it. Pretty good story, nice comedy too.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:47 PM   #219 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Yeah, when I first picked up the Rosario Vampire manga, I almost quit halfway through the 2nd or 3rd volume because Tsukune was such a wimp. But after the blood transfusion, he improved a lot and I stopped wanting to smack him because he was such a wuss.
Tsukune's wimpiness was a drawback in the first few volumes. lucky enough Ikeda was tasteful enough to avoid overusing Moka to save him every single time. its in vol3 where he shows improvement unlike the anime........ though i did love one alteration made in the anime. the section where the spidergirl from the discplinary squad (ch8) is reeled in by her own thread by inner Moka slowly.

thats the exact reason why i dropped TWOGK. each chapter is him going after another girl without ever trying to take an interest with any of the previous girls he got. he's like tony stark. get the girl for a few days and move onto another one and raely look back at all. too much repetition even if thats his main role.

Last edited by nel3; 09-09-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:44 PM   #220 
Jirothebetta

Oh, oh oh, I just found my new favorite anime XD :3 Its called Working!!!2 or something like that...unfortunaltely I've already zoomed through the only episodes aired so far :/ only 14...so sad, unlike when I first got back into one piece where I had like 400 eps to catch up on..... @.@ Oh yeah, I might as well throw this out there, if you have gotten behind in one piece eps. do not attempt to catch up, I repeat, DO NOT ATTEMPT, its not worth it. You will get a massive headache, plus you have to skip like 5 episodes before anything actually happens...seriously, the battle scenes last like 10 episodes, 10 EPISODES! FOR ONE STINKING FIGHTS SCENE! *facepalm*....oh yeah, not to mention the characters start appearing in you dreams O.O ...no kidding -_- (you have been warned XD )

...oh, and even when you do catch up(if your just that resilient) you have to go back to waiting a whole week for a new episode, which makes it impossible to just skip through the stupid filler eps and stuff *facepalm* ...but then again by that point your either hooked or sick of it XP

(one piece rant ends...don't even ask >.> XD )
Jirothebetta is offline   Reply With Quote