Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-10-2011, 08:55 PM   #221 
Sakura8

Never got into One Piece and by the time I showed any interest, there were so many episodes and volumes of manga I was like, "NO way. I can't tackle this."

Just got my new manga volumes of Dengeki Daisy and Hayate the Combat Butler. Wheeee!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:07 PM   #222 
Jirothebetta

You were lucky...I was not so lucky...in fact I love one piece...actually its kind of a love hate relationship. I really like the characters in it, and the plot(when its actually in motion) is actually kinda good, but after a while you just have to take a brake from it...I lost track of it when it stopped airing on the 4kids network and then got back into it about 4 years later...I still don't know what possessed me to actually catch up on all 500 and counting episodes, but I did it...and know I'm sitting here waiting for the newest ep. to finally air just so I can see whats happens to luffy...who was near deaths door last I saw him...stupid show, always luring me in somehow...but they sure do drag out the drama -_-

Oh, and congrats on the new manga XD

Last edited by Jirothebetta; 09-10-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Jirothebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:19 PM   #223 
Sakura8

Jiro, did you seriously mean like 500 episodes? o.O That would be one heck of a marathon.

Was anyone here able to get into Naruto?
Old 09-10-2011, 09:30 PM   #224 
Jirothebetta

Nah, I know a few friends of mine who did but I guess it never caught on with me...I seem to like watching less main stream animes...

for example, I really like slice of life animes, like Nichijou and Working!! ...I have really bland tastes really, but thats just me XD

I did really get into The last airbender at one point though XD XD XD Gosh I loved that show XD

(oh and yes, It was literally 500 eps. No exageration...I have one thing to say, Never agian -_- XD)
Old 09-10-2011, 09:41 PM   #225 
Sakura8

I can't believe an anime exists that has that many episodes. O.O

I never could get into Naruto. I don't know why. I think it's because all the characters annoyed me. Except uhm, the guy with one eye. What's his name. He was like the supervisor or something in the first season? Shoot, what's his name . . .

The last anime I watched were ones no one else had heard about. Story of Saiunkoku and School Rumble and Moon Phase. They're both about 3 years old now, so probably already out of date. I was hoping they'd release the 2nd season of Saiunkoku though.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:50 PM   #226 
Jirothebetta

Don't you hate it when a find a new(old) anime and its already out of date...like, you know, its already over and done and they aren't gonna do a next season, and you absolutely LOVE IT! XD That has to be the worst

Personally, I get a kick out of finding anime's no one else watches...I don't really get it...but then I'm never much for what everybody else is watching any way XD
Old 09-10-2011, 09:56 PM   #227 
Sakura8

Same here, Jiro. If it appeals to the masses, then I get bored with it. That means I'm either an individual with distinct tastes . . . or a bloody snob, hahaha.

I do wish companies wouldn't take on a series unless they plan to do the entire series, not just a season.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:01 PM   #228 
Jirothebetta

Exactly! XD
Old 09-10-2011, 11:47 PM   #229 
Amphibianite

Haha I never cared for One Piece, or Naruto.
I like somethings that the masses like, but I am more of the true otaku who is watching things coming out new in japan.
Amphibianite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:51 PM   #230 
Sakura8

Yes, I can genuinely say you are a true otaku, Amph. I'm pretty sure I'm an otaku wannabe.