Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-10-2011, 11:29 PM   #1 
elijahfeathers

Lazy/chronically lethargic fish.

So I don't know if anyone's ever had this issue. Two of my five males are always lethargic. They just have been since I brought them home. I've tried salt floats. I've tried only feeding frozen. I up water changes. I down water changes. I adjust filter flows. I try feeding more, I try feeding less.

They gain weight, they hold steady. They have no outward sign of disease. The other fish they've been living with for months have not become lethargic.

They just... sit at the bottom unless it's feeding time. Zariel likes to go up for air and then lay directly on top of his marimo for a while. Then swim up and aorudn it to find a new comfey spot, and repeat. Volker prefers to hang near the surface half the time. And it's annoying. I'm always worried.
elijahfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote