Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-10-2011, 11:53 PM   #231 
Amphibianite

Nah Sakura there are different level of Otaku, I am just one who makes it known XD
Amphibianite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:30 AM   #232 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirothebetta View Post
Oh, oh oh, I just found my new favorite anime XD :3 Its called Working!!!2 or something like that...unfortunaltely I've already zoomed through the only episodes aired so far :/ only 14...so sad, unlike when I first got back into one piece where I had like 400 eps to catch up on..... @.@ Oh yeah, I might as well throw this out there, if you have gotten behind in one piece eps. do not attempt to catch up, I repeat, DO NOT ATTEMPT, its not worth it. You will get a massive headache, plus you have to skip like 5 episodes before anything actually happens...seriously, the battle scenes last like 10 episodes, 10 EPISODES! FOR ONE STINKING FIGHTS SCENE! *facepalm*....oh yeah, not to mention the characters start appearing in you dreams O.O ...no kidding -_- (you have been warned XD )

...oh, and even when you do catch up(if your just that resilient) you have to go back to waiting a whole week for a new episode, which makes it impossible to just skip through the stupid filler eps and stuff *facepalm* ...but then again by that point your either hooked or sick of it XP

(one piece rant ends...don't even ask >.> XD )
join the club for "Working", its not my absolute favorite but its way up there with other slice of life humour ie Minami-Ke, Lucky star. so hard to pick a favorite when they're all that great. i never got into One Piece but i know your pain on long battles. i saw Akagi (mahjong anime, long battles for a game). i skip over filler eps or just skim over them if it seems half decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Jiro, did you seriously mean like 500 episodes? o.O That would be one heck of a marathon.

Was anyone here able to get into Naruto?
*raises hand* i did that for naruto saw most of the first 3 seasons until i was able to cut out the fillers. didnt bother with the correllated manga ch covered in the anime at that point, only to catch up and run with both manga and anime. ive marathoned Bleach in same fashion also. ive seen all anime eps of Inuyasha and Gundam (skipped over g Gundam). Inuyasha was with TV and internet, Gundam was in continual phases but some UC movies werent found on streaming. ive marathoned all Initial D 3 times (55 eps or so of the series). ive done the same for Gundam Seed and Destiny 2x, Gundam 00 both season 2x, Zeta and ZZ to name a few.

im a marathon freak. did the same with the Outerlimits, old black/white series 39 eps, new 167. anything stargate sg1 (10 seasons)/atlantis(5).movies some of these were maratoned some were not.

Last edited by nel3; 09-11-2011 at 01:35 AM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:35 AM   #233 
Sakura8

Outer Limits is a classic, it's awesome. I watched only a bit of Stargate, mainly when actors from another of my favorite (and dearly departed, unjustly cancelled) shows were on. I can't remember what year it was. About two years ago, maybe? Me, Farscape fan all the way. I heard there was talk of a Farscape anime but I guess it never panned out. Boo. I would have loved it.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:42 AM   #234 
nel3

Quote:
Outer Limits is a classic, it's awesome. I watched only a bit of Stargate, mainly when actors from another of my favorite (and dearly departed, unjustly cancelled) shows were on. I can't remember what year it was. About two years ago, maybe? Me, Farscape fan all the way. I heard there was talk of a Farscape anime but I guess it never panned out. Boo. I would have loved it.
i love Outerlimits. you can never predict any outcome for the finisher but i noticed that the older series tends to have good endings where the new series can go either way. too many good etps to name but manifest destiny, light brigade are in the top 10 for me on the new series. the old series was the one where a carnival ride turns out to be a working space craft, the devil fortune teller and the barrier creating alien. i love how the greedy lady took the barrier control from the the dead alien only to be forever trapped in a barrier bc some blood dried on her hand left a residual working after it was shut off .

souldnt get into Farscape, some aliens were weird looking but then again they didnt look as creepy as those from SG. andromeda is decent but takes getting used to. i seen anything SG including Universe (slow not highly listed imo).

Last edited by nel3; 09-11-2011 at 01:45 AM.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:44 AM   #235 
Sakura8

Yup, Outer Limits totally set the standard for sci-fi. :) It was a great series that made you think and totally messed with your mind.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:48 AM   #236 
nel3

Quote:
Yup, Outer Limits totally set the standard for sci-fi. :) It was a great series that made you think and totally messed with your mind.
i loved the messages of warning, acceptance and understanding from the series. im more of a bad ending person but the good ones have equal value. twilight zone is good but i havent seen much of it but it looks like it can potentilly rival OL.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:23 AM   #237 
Jirothebetta

I loved stargate! I used to watch it every saturday morning for a long while...I don't know quite when I phased out it though Oh yeah, it was about the time Stargate Universe came out, I didn't really get into that at all...it just wasn't really stargate, you know?

I also used to watch the Twilight zone, like all the time, at least when it still aired on the Tv every now and then. I watched it much more than I ever did Outer Limits, but I have to admit it was always the creepy beginning that sucked me in XD "Do not attempt to adjust you TV set!" XD XD XD

Of course back then I would also catch glimpses of Starship Enterprise :3 Sigh, good memories XD XD XD
Jirothebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:19 PM   #238 
nel3

stargate universe never did live up to expectations. slow development and action came later on in the series. it was good for interesting storylines but too much of that and no action isnt the best mix.

i got the twilightzone movie with 4 stories. i loved the reptilian creature on the airplane. the senoirs getting young was also interesting, though OL did that also.