Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-11-2011, 05:35 PM   #1 
Tropicana

Hello, I'm new to the forum.

Hello, I'm Tropicana the newest member on the forum which is what you probably knew from the title of this topic. If you're wondering how much experience with aquariums I have then I'm going to tell you that I have zero experience. In fact, I'm only here because I took in a betta that someone I know didn't want anymore.

Once I figured out that this person wasn't feeding or cleaning out the tank in hopes that the poor betta inside would die instead of offer it up for adoption I freaked out on the person and ended up getting the betta. I'm no longer friends with that person and I don't even mention his name anymore.

I named the betta after my grandpa who died on 8-18-2011 because this little male CT and my grandpa have something in common. They're both fighters. My grandpa fought the pain and suffering even when he knew that it was alright to let go and this little betta did the same when he was in the hands of cruelty. It's just a shame that eventually the pain and suffering was too much for my grandpa to handle anymore...
Tropicana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:41 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping....your grandpa would/is proud of you for your courage and caring heart.......

Love to see some pics and hear more about you new rescued Betta....ask all the questions you need....we are here to help......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:41 PM   #3 
fightergirl2710

That was really nice of you to save the little guy. Don't worry about experience, we all start somewhere. And there are a lot of people here to help. :)
Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your betta. :)
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:42 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry about your grandpa.It was very nice of you to take in a betta that needs a good home.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:47 PM   #5 
Tropicana

Thank you all for the friendly welcome. At the moment I my camera is MIA due to the big move to this nice house, but I can try to get a video of my aquarium on my iPhone. I actually reused some things for now to craft a temporary aquarium hood and light. The current hood and light is actually for a lizard enclosure, but I removed the heating bulb and created a light bulb that's safe to use for an aquarium.

It's not a bright bulb and it's hard to see my aquarium because my room is a dark orange color, but I'll attempt to get a good video on my iPhone. It's better to get one at night and such. At least I have a heater and a thermometer for the aquarium and some gravel and two small decorations for now.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:02 PM   #6 
Tropicana

Update

Alright, I don't have a YouTube account, but an old friend of mine allowed me to use her account in order to upload my video and share it with the community. The upload isn't complete yet so when it is the video will be placed in the Betta Photo section of the forum. I do admit that the video is also a tour of my room so I hope you don't mind.

If you do mind then there's always the option to ignore the video and request a photo. I can attempt to get a photo, but it's easier to get a video because Herman is very camera shy. He's also human shy. I can't place my hand on the glass without him getting scared or nervous, but sitting at my computer desk is something he likes.

I should probably quit wasting your time with this long update so I'm going to end this update. I can't wait to share this video with you. It's the best I can do because my camera is MIA since the move and I had to use my iPhone to film.