Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #1 
hufflepuffyfish
New Member
 
hufflepuffyfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Jumping

So, my sorority lives in a 10G tank but doesn't have an official lid... I've been using a piece of cardboard...
anyway, if i took the cardboard off, do you think they would jump this high?
*refer to picture* thanks ;D
Attached Images
 
hufflepuffyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:45 PM   #2 
Bresn
Member
 
Bresn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
No,but some can,if the water lever is less I guess then no fish can jump out.
Bresn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:52 PM   #3 
hufflepuffyfish
New Member
 
hufflepuffyfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bresn View Post
No,but some can,if the water lever is less I guess then no fish can jump out.
Thanks, lots. Maybe I can take this cardboard lid off then. I'm still kinda nervous about doing that....
Thanks again for you reply!! <3
hufflepuffyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:09 PM   #4 
Myates
Member
 
Myates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
How many do you have in a 10 gal? By taking out a bunch of water it makes it smaller living quarters..
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:14 PM   #5 
hufflepuffyfish
New Member
 
hufflepuffyfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
How many do you have in a 10 gal? By taking out a bunch of water it makes it smaller living quarters..

5 females and lol I'm not having any less water in the tank that what is shown in the picture. Do you think that's ok?
hufflepuffyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:27 PM   #6 
ManInBlack2010
Member
 
ManInBlack2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by hufflepuffyfish View Post
5 females and lol I'm not having any less water in the tank that what is shown in the picture. Do you think that's ok?
By the looks of the tank it looks like it's only half full... it may be a 10 g tank but if you only fill it up half way they only have 5 gallons of water to swim in
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:33 PM   #7 
hufflepuffyfish
New Member
 
hufflepuffyfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInBlack2010 View Post
By the looks of the tank it looks like it's only half full... it may be a 10 g tank but if you only fill it up half way they only have 5 gallons of water to swim in
Are you sure that only looks half full to you... I didn't take a picture of the WHOLE tank sry to confuse you. I'm only trying to ask if the fish will jump out. =p But thanks for your concern.
I'll post a picture that shows the size better.
hufflepuffyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:35 PM   #8 
hufflepuffyfish
New Member
 
hufflepuffyfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Alright, maybe this is a better picture.
Do you think they will jump out? I'm not removing any water....
Attached Images
 
hufflepuffyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:56 PM   #9 
Myates
Member
 
Myates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Looks like 7 gals.. bettas do love to jump, so a little lower is always a good thing. If you can, why not place serane (plastic) wrap with small holes in it as the lid? Tape it down and lift a corner to feed? It will allow light in, keep them from jumping, can put water up to where it needs, and the humidity that the plastic wrap holds in is real good for their lab organ (breathing organ). Win win win in my opinion.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:29 PM   #10 
hufflepuffyfish
New Member
 
hufflepuffyfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
Looks like 7 gals.. bettas do love to jump, so a little lower is always a good thing. If you can, why not place serane (plastic) wrap with small holes in it as the lid? Tape it down and lift a corner to feed? It will allow light in, keep them from jumping, can put water up to where it needs, and the humidity that the plastic wrap holds in is real good for their lab organ (breathing organ). Win win win in my opinion.
that's a nice idea and i never thought about the humidity thanks. i tried this once but the plastic would fall in the tank sometimes and i worried about them suffocating. i guess i could attach it better this time ty.
hufflepuffyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jumping too much..? Andrometer Betta Fish Care 2 08-22-2011 08:24 PM
Jumping for joy?? SynthetikZy Betta Fish Care 3 02-21-2011 03:09 PM
Jumping for Food Phoxly Betta Fish Care 8 08-28-2010 08:39 PM
Jumping Shrimp! s3kshun62 Betta Fish Compatibility 9 05-18-2010 11:39 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.