Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-12-2011, 10:30 PM   #1 
Trienchieu

Answer my betta feeding please?

I am super duper relieved that my betta finally started eating after a week with no food. I fed him 3 pellets, after the second pellets, he wiggle back and forth in his tank, i don't think this is bad but he was super active, more than usual after the 2 pellets. Is this good? Also another question, since I have to go to school in the morning, I can only feed him at 4:00 pm and after. Should I feed him twice during that time, 2 pellets each feeding or one feeding of 3 pellets?
Trienchieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:33 PM   #2 
krelda

Glad your betta is eating! I'd still try to feed him in the morning though, I get up for school too and still find 5 minutes to feed my guy a couple pellets. I'd think if you over feed him by feeding him twice at night he might get bloated and/or constipated
krelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:35 PM   #3 
Trienchieu

Ok thanks! I might find some minutes to feed him in the morning of two pellets and night two pellets. Oh btw the gravel in your profile pic is the same gravel I use! Did u get it from petsmart too? Jw
Old 09-12-2011, 10:39 PM   #4 
krelda

I got it from Walmart actually, it was the cheapest one LOL. We don't have a petsmart here so I have to take a field trip if I need anything wally world doesn't carry
Old 09-12-2011, 10:42 PM   #5 
Indyfishy

It would be best to feed him in the morning, for sure. Betta's digestion slows down at night, so try not to feed him at night to avoid bloating and constipation. Two or three pellets in the morning and maybe a bloodworm when you get home should be perfect =)
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:44 PM   #6 
Trienchieu

What about the decor in the back? I could have sworn I saw that in petco. I never see my walmart selling aquarium stuff, don't tell me you got your beautiful betta from walmart too! Lol
Old 09-12-2011, 10:54 PM   #7 
krelda

I definitely got him from Walmart! He was the healthiest and most active that they had that night . I actually ordered the pineapple from amazon but his plant is from walmart too lol
Old 09-12-2011, 11:07 PM   #8 
Trienchieu

Lol never knew walmart could have these beautiful betta fish, when I choose my bettas, petsmart is alot cheaper than my petco but the bettas look small, probably still young, and not as colorful as petco. The halfmoon cost $9 at petsmart and $18 dollars at petco. I also think petco has more selections to the betta, I have a red crowntail with blue colors on some of his tails and body. He has a dark black face, but not as dark black as yours. Btw I think the dark face ones are usually more strong and healthy and aggressive. so I can imagine how yours is.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:16 AM   #9 
krelda

He is very aggressive! He nips my finger at feeding time! LOL

Next time I get a betta I will probably get him from a petco or petsmart, because they do have a better selection (looked last time I was in town) but I sure did luck out with Balthazar! He's just getting back to his old self again too so I love watching him! (just had a change of tank and was all cranky and non-active for a week)

Do you have a pic of yours?