Well, my other hobby is building and modding high end computers. I love taking something and making it completely personal. Here's some examples.
So the issue I was having was when I divided my 10gal into 3 sections, the store bought dividers were crap.
If you have a hood, or a specific location where a HOB filter needs to be then you'll have to mod the divider to fit.
This in turn makes it even more crap. So I put all the fish in temp housing while I renovated their tank.
I decided to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and mod the hood to fit another filter on the other side of the tank, because it wasn't getting enough filtration.
The hood I had only had 1 square hole on the right for a HOB filter.
I'd really like to thank Neelie for the dividing tutorial posted here.
And I'd also like to thank Pataflafla, tlyons01, Littlebittyfish, and jskate94 for their posts and advice on fixing my filtration problem.
Rather than do some elaborate Mario Bros. style plumbing to extend my intake nozzle, I just decided to mod the back of my hood to fit another filter.
What I was going for was a filter on the 2 end divisions, and the heater in the middle. Here's the hood after about 10 mins with a jig saw.
Next were the dividers. I'll tell you what. Any one who is considering a divided tank and want it to look half way decent.
Make your own!
It's cheaper and turns out so much better.
I marked my lines on the outside of the tank with a dry erase marker and this is after about 20 minutes of cutting and fitting.
While I was waiting for the sealant to dry I decided to take some old plants I had laying around and make some "Franken-plants". Muahahaha!!
I kinda really like them.
Ok. Play time is over. Back to work.
So I put everything back in the tank. Franken-plants included and test fit the 2 filters and the heater.
(The 2 filters are the same type and brand. Just different styling.)
And bingo! Works like a charm.
So here's some pictures with everything set back up. And nnooo! My water is not dirty. My camera just kinda isn't that great.